360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking Father Xmas may need a couple of hints on what to get this year and I'm considering the BX 600 or the BX2 600. Anyone actually filled these with Varivas Avani Big One, probably thinking of a 600m spool of PE5 or 6?

G

·
new i would probably go with charkbait as he usually throws in spooling and reel cover. plus he is located near accurate and cant get things pretty fast. he also offers some in colors.....rick

·
781 Posts
Call Baja Fish gear 310-517-9897 ask for Steve if possible, if not just tell them what you want. charkbait is a bad word, for all practical reasons they support fishing closures. I would not buy anything there.

·
4,723 Posts
Thinking Father Xmas may need a couple of hints on what to get this year and I'm considering the BX 600 or the BX2 600. Anyone actually filled these with Varivas Avani Big One, probably thinking of a 600m spool of PE5 or 6?

600m of Avani Big One is gonna cost you an arm and leg, line is gonna run 50% of the cost of your reel and you're gonna cry when you get long cut offs while jigging/bottom fishing. I recommend using a cheaper line like Daiwa Boat Braid 80lb (PE-6) or Tufline XP 65lb/80lb instead.

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, thanks for the replies.

I want to jig down to 350m, so I think I really need regular 600 models. Its a pity, the others look very nice.

Yes, I will cry if I get snagged but I'll probably only use it on private boats, not charters, so it will be my own stupid fault.

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best price I've been offered so far is $500US for the two speed, and $420 for the single speed. I can't say where from because of the accurate pricing policy, but I can say it wasn't charkbait, they didn't seem too interested in beating that price.

·
Super Moderator
6,220 Posts
Call Baja Fish gear 310-517-9897 ask for Steve if possible, if not just tell them what you want. charkbait is a bad word, for all practical reasons they support fishing closures. I would not buy anything there.

How many times are you gonna bash this place, dude?
Like Mark and everyone there is solely responsible for all your MLPA woes.
You live there. (I don't, anymore:D ) Guess you should have made a few better choices at the voting booth.........
it seems you're making something personal public. I have no dog in this fight,
I buy my gear where I want to, but to come here and CONTINUALLY bash a business because they won't fight your fight for you is pretty chickensh!t.
typical california attitude. whoever doesn't beleive like you is the enemy.
too bad, because what you are fighting for is important.
If charkbait doesn't want to play, find someone else. there's lots of "big fish"
in SoCal. Have you tried Turner's??????

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps PM would be more appropriate? I don't really see that really adding to the thread.

·
Super Moderator
6,220 Posts
I know, but I'm getting tired of it. sorry for venting

to get back on topic, I like the accurates, but I'm keeping my eye on the Avet's. Maybe that Raptor series will prove out. I know another member here brought the SX on a recent trip out here & had no problems w 60# YFT's

·
5,457 Posts
Perhaps PM would be more appropriate? I don't really see that really adding to the thread.

Neither was this

charkbait is a bad word, for all practical reasons they support fishing closures. I would not buy anything there.

d-a

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For sure, but everyone else ignored the guy and you can't pick a fight on your own =)

I'd really like to really like the Avets and the raptors particularly. The HX is a bit cheaper than then Accurate BX2 600. I own an Avet SX 6/4 MC and its a great 30lb reel, its just not that smooth and I don;t want to risk buying another one.

The reviews for that Daiwa Saltiga Boat Braid are really quite good. Perhaps I shouldn't be a snob and just try some? How much PE6 will that reel take and is it reallt 80lb, or more like 65lb?

·
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sure hope so, I neded up ordering the Accurate BX600 and 1800m of PE6/80lb Daiwa Saltiga boat braid, so thanks for the tip lordhell.

Best deal was charkbait, so ask there last.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts