360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We all know how important it is to rinse off the saltwater on our tackle after fishing before putting the tackle away. Do you guys use any anti-saltwater solution that you would recommend in addition to rinsing with tap-water?

I'm using Ardent Reel-Guard now. Ardent works to dilue salt build up on my lines and reels but it also leaves a white film and spots on my reels that I need to spend time cleaning off before they harden.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

·
84 Posts
I use salt-away on all my reels.... another thing that has helped me, that i have leaned from other members years ago, is to apply a high quality car wax to all my reels. especially new reels before spooling, and then once or twice during the season. definitely has helped.

·
84 Posts
Explorer,
I don't dilute, unless i add some to the bucket i soak my jigs and rigs in. i buy the 32oz or larger size and transfer to a spray bottle. tighten drags down, spray reels and rods down. allow to sit for a few minutes then rinse... been working great for me. maybe a 1/2 oz in a gallon of water, and soak jig and stuff. rinse and allow to air dry.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use salt-away on all my reels.... another thing that has helped me, that i have leaned from other members years ago, is to apply a high quality car wax to all my reels. especially new reels before spooling, and then once or twice during the season. definitely has helped.
Hi jshorty, Thanks for the recommendation. Does Salt Away leaves any markings or white residue on your gear after it dries off? The Ardent Reel Guard I am using now does that and it's quite a hassle to clean off...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts