360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delievery of 5 Tiagra 50W LRSAs. I am looking at 5 Shimano all WR guided rods and probably am going to do 4 bent butts and one straight.

I want to make dog gone sure I get the right bent buts as I will ONLY be fishing stand up (there is no chair in my 31 Contender). I will be getting afco bent butts and straight butts, but i need help with the specific model numbers etc so i don't order the wrong ones. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
we were using the #2 short butts for tuna with those reels tuesday.
worked great for standup.
we also had gimbal lifters to keep the clearance for the handle.

·
1,262 Posts
The shorty bent butts are awesome with the harness....in tight to your body. I wish I had model numbers for you as they come in different lengths...though many will not know the difference, someone who is exceptionally tall (or short) likely will.

As for the butts themselves, I'd look into the Stor-a-butt versions. On those, you can remove the butt, without removing the reel. Most if not all other butts can be removed from the rod, but the reel stays on the butt. I like this as the bent butt can make it hard to travel with/store etc. just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts