BELIZE

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jayhawktim, May 25, 2009.

1. jayhawktim

jayhawktim Junior member

Hey all, im going to belize june 12-20. I have never been and really dont know what to excpect or what gear to bring. My big question is i hear alot about flats fishing but not that much offshore, im really hoping its just the flats fishing is so good it just overshadows the offshore. Does anyone have any helpful hints or any guide contacts that i should look into for offshore fishing? Thanks in advance!

2. idigitu88

idigitu88 Junior member

You going to the islands?

3. jayhawktim

jayhawktim Junior member

We are staying in SAN PEDRO, but are open to go anywhere within reason.

4. Van Wildonher

Van Wildonher Member

I don't know how good it is these days, but around the cays used to have killer fishing.

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

For tarpon, I met a guide at the Sunset Pier in January. This is a place you can feed tarpon by hand off the dock. He seemed pretty legit, but I didn't fish on this trip. Maybe head down to the Sunset Pier bar and grill, grab some ceviche, and ask who catches tarpon in the area. I kept his card and will look for it tonight. The Sunset Pier is slightly northwest of the airport on the back street.

6. Jrzrider83

Jrzrider83 Senior Member

i fished with Abi Marin last april out of san pedro. we did mainly flats fishing for bones and permit. but we did fish soem of the deep water channels south of ambergis and got some nice crevalle jacks and big permit. he also runs offshore / near shore charters. if you have any questions feel free to ask. gofishbelize.com

7. jayhawktim

jayhawktim Junior member

Thanks for the help, i knew you guys would have some good info.