360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one I built a while ago on a a bass blank. Fuji comfort touch seat. Fuji CMNAG Alconite guides. Cyclone version is spiral wrapped. Custom cobalt color theme to match the Daiwa Blue Blacker this rod will be fitted with. Also suits low profile reels as pictured

1st blood

·
Super Moderator
6,220 Posts
Love that last pic! A big Barramundi is on of my "bucket" fish. someday I'll get down that way.....

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Davo

I have finally received the next blank that I want to trial for the barra rods. its god a beautiful light tip but a very powerful and resilient overall action with quite thick walls. Sorely tempted to put it together for the chronarch in the pics above but at the same time it will be delicious on the hyper certate as well.......I am torn, what do I do, flip a coin?

·
5,700 Posts
Very nice rod and very nice all around fish, good fight and good eatting :D
Topper, the ones from the salt are nice eating, but from the impoundments & rivers they tend to be muddy & need a lot of 'condiments' to mask the inherent flavour.
Nice texture, but at that point you could have used any moist fleshed fish as the base for your dish. He He.

They sure are a buzz to catch tho............giant snook on 'roids.

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, I am not a big fan of even salties for the table. The mangrove jacks and fingermarks from the same waters and regular bycatch are much much better tucker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts