Bar Bar rods

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Mitchw123456, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

Anyone out there use these rods? I stumbled on them on ebay and they look like decent rods for the price. I want a couple trolling rods and also need a 80-130 for chunking. Are their prices too good to be true?

Thanks

Mitchell

2. Jason_L

Jason_L Member

You might want to talk to Bazztex,I am positive I saw his name on one of these posts.He told me to check them out on ebay,think he mentioned having a pop'r rod. He might be able to help you out.

3. Bazztex

Bazztex Senior Member

Mitch

I have 0ne of the Bar Bar Custom 50-100# Tuna rods with Turbo Guides and I have a

50# 7ft Hybrid Graphite Spining Rod that I have been very pleased with.

They are excellent quality / craftsmanship and have stood up to some 80-100# Yellow Fins with Zero Problems.

Bazz

4. Venturer

Venturer Junior member

Mitch,

I am new to this board but also spend some time on others similar to this one. You are the first I have seen to mention Bar Bar tackle, Ron makes a great rod. I prototyped two different versions of the Tuna rods with the turbo guides late last year on a trip to St. Thomas topped with Accurates. They worked great. He makes some really killer rods, in fact I am talking to him right now about making 2 standup rods for my new Tiagra 30 wides I got for Christmas. Can't say enough good about Ron and his rods. If you would like his e-mail, I will be glad to send it to you.
    Best of luck
    Kent