360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered the Poseidon slow jerker on 12/14 hoping to get it as a Christmas gift. Checked the status and still shows waiting for fulfillment 2 days after. Used the website contact page to email the owner but did not get a response since 12/27 at night. On top of that he want to charge additional $40 shipping fee because his website calculated wrong. Man, I am really disappointed.

·
Just a guy who likes to fish
3,096 Posts
Placed an order with him back in 2012 when I first joined this site. Some things never change. Back then he made the comment he was going to have to get a high schooler or someone to help him get his orders out. Guess he never took his own advice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Placed an order with him back in 2012 when I first joined this site. Some things never change. Back then he made the comment he was going to have to get a high schooler or someone to help him get his orders out. Guess he never took his own advice.
I did not expect this for him being the site sponsors because I have very good experiences with other sponsors from tuna 360

·
Site Sponsor
3,896 Posts
Ordered the Poseidon slow jerker on 12/14 hoping to get it as a Christmas gift. Checked the status and still shows waiting for fulfillment 2 days after. Used the website contact page to email the owner but did not get a response since 12/27 at night. On top of that he want to charge additional $40 shipping fee because his website calculated wrong. Man, I am really disappointed.
Sorry for the disappointment the rod is in stock, website did not charge you shipping as you selected USPS rather than UPS which is our normal rod method ... I cannot ship it for "free" the price is already lower than the JDM prices, also already mentioned that we where a bit short handed over the holidays. If you can cover my shipping costs I'm happy to get your rod out this morning or take the refund please.

·
348 Posts
Hows dude suppose to jigging and bottom fish... Guys need to give Dan a break

:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I think I should just share more information and let people know how Dan respond in reaction to my review/ factual experience with his online shop.
Blue Black Organism Font Line

I was still thinking if I should place the order again due to the fact that the Ltd edition is not easy to find at that price point. But I was totally turned off by his respond! I get that being a quite member in the forums does not get much credibility nowadays. So I would like to know if this is an appropriate respond at the level of customer service or if that's how you helping the forum members.

Attachments

·
Retired Member
4,997 Posts
I know this doesn’t help how you feel but I don’t find Dan’s remarks offensive. IMO what Dan is saying is, as a new member you feel like you got ripped off from a member you haven’t heard from after making a payment. Being a long time member of 360 and purchased from Tackle Now many times I know Dan is upstanding and will get the order out as soon as possible. He may be away on a fishing trip or away from the shop because life happens, but you can count on him. As far as the shipping goes, anyone who has sold or purchased rods online knows it’s usually $25 to $40 to ship within the states. So if you want the rod (which I know I would) then ignore the glitch on the shop site pay for the shipping and enjoy the rod.

Benny

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
So I would like to know if this is an appropriate respond at the level of customer service
You placed an order,
14 DAYS LATER
you did not receive your order
you did not receive any communication from the company

when you finally did hear from "customer service"
YOU WERE SCOLDED for your inquiry.

Sounds like perfect customer service.

You might want to consider apologizing to Dan,
you expected way way too much as a customer.
;)

·
Banned
5,120 Posts

·
Just a guy who likes to fish
3,096 Posts
SaltyMax, as a long time member let me just say you are not alone in your experience. Many others have had the same experience, newby or not. Yet, there are always those on this forum who are more buddy, buddy with Dan who will come to his defense. Do I believe you will get your rod? Eventually. Is communication lacking from Tackle Now, definitely. Has it changed over the years? Nope. You can find plenty of complaints about this very thing.

At least he didn’t change your order on you and ship you something you didn’t order with a note saying he’d make it up to you, which, of course, never happened. Plenty of guys on this forum who won’t buy from Tackle Now because of this very thing. They’d rather buy from overseas. They are just not chiming in here.

Sad thing is this could be remedied very easily by just responding to emails, texts, etc. in a timely manner rather than leaving you hanging.

·
Registered
132 Posts
SaltyMax, as a long time member let me just say you are not alone in your experience. Many others have had the same experience, newby or not. Yet, there are always those on this forum who are more buddy, buddy with Dan who will come to his defense. Do I believe you will get your rod? Eventually. Is communication lacking from Tackle Now, definitely. Has it changed over the years? Nope. You can find plenty of complaints about this very thing.

At least he didn't change your order on you and ship you something you didn't order with a note saying he'd make it up to you, which, of course, never happened. Plenty of guys on this forum who won't buy from Tackle Now because of this very thing. They'd rather buy from overseas. They are just not chiming in here.

Sad thing is this could be remedied very easily by just responding to emails, texts, etc. in a timely manner rather than leaving you hanging.
This is spot on. Same nonsense for years. I'd never order another thing from him. I waited almost 2 months for an order years ago. Had to file a PP claim to get my money back after a month of emails and three or four deaths in his family.

Anyone who wants gear from Japan that Dan sells, PM me and I'll get it cheaper in Japan for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a very similar experience and know of others that have had almost the same experience as well.

Ordered a Ripple Fisher that was in-stock on his website later to find out he didn't have it and would have to order it. After waiting about 2 months and constant follow up I decided I was done waiting and told him I wanted to cancel my order. He told me in order to do so there would be a 20% cancellation fee and that once a order is placed its placed. I told him that that is ridiculous and that he shouldn't claim to have rods in-stock on his site when in reality he doesnt. He then continued to tell me that this is the way it is and that I am new to this and that he gets it. That's weird because never in my life have I ordered something that claims to be in-stock off a website and wait months for it. But apparently I am new to this and this is normal... Filed a PP claim and got my money back. Ordered the same rod from Tomos and got it within three days. Loved the rod and ended up ordering three more rods from Tomos, which all arrived a few days later. Must have got lucky since Dan said this isn't normal. He needs a lesson on customer service.

No clue how someone dealing out of a garage gets access to these high end rods.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts