360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i want to outfit my Smith Baby Runbohs but dont know what size treble for the bottom. Is there one size, or is it an opinion/species thing?

Please let me know, im dieing to rig em :)

Thanks Guys!
Aaron

p.s. oh, and what split ring should i be using? i have a ton of the 140lb ones i use for jigging, are those good enough? THANKS AGAIN!!

·
2,924 Posts
2/0 is the best suited hook, that is the size that was intended for use. Its my only lure I dont use 3/0's on. May seem small but it gets teh job done on big tuna

·
Spinal Rods
777 Posts
I agree with Sami and Glenn on the 2/0 hooks. I used 3/0 also when that is what i had on me. The 2/0 also has less risk of opening up, it is a stronger hook.

As for the splitrings I started using the Varivas 200lb and 150lb and love them. I had the owners start to open on me so I switched to these. But i think any split ring has potential to open.

·
3,483 Posts
but if its a floating runboh, i was told 3/0 can probably get it to sink and work like a sinking runboh?

yes, 3/0 will make it sink very, very slowly.

·
580 Posts
Friend Bryon was using a 3/0 st-76 owners treble and it worked just fine on Yellowfin, so I don't see why they wouldnt work on bluefins.

·
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome guys! thanks! now... if Sami would get them in ;) lol, just kidding, off to find them, Kil is MIA for a while, sooooo....

Thanks again for the help!
Aaron

·
Site Sponsor
816 Posts
awesome guys! thanks! now... if Sami would get them in ;) lol, just kidding, off to find them, Kil is MIA for a while, sooooo....

Thanks again for the help!
Aaron

If you are looking for the hooks they are already in the shop but we couldn't input all the products in the systhem today.
as for the Smith Baby runboh they will be available in April 2010.
i hope that could clear the dust on the Baby runboh arrival:)

·
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are looking for the hooks they are already in the shop but we couldn't input all the products in the systhem today.
as for the Smith Baby runboh they will be available in April 2010.
i hope that could clear the dust on the Baby runboh arrival:)

ill try and call tomorrow to place my order :) set three boxes aside for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts