Avet vs Shimano

Discussion in 'Reels' started by fishr1989, Dec 8, 2007.

1. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

2. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

If it were me, I'd make the match-up between an Avet HXJ and Shimano Trinidad 40N as I don't particularly care for the wider Trini 50 or LX as jigging reels.

I was in the market a few months ago for a few new jigging reels after getting rid of my Accurate Boss reels and went with the Trini 40N but there are plenty of happy users of just about every reel out there, just a matter of personal preference :)

3. jureal

jureal Senior Member

Mark, I just purchased a HX narrow, the new one that just came out and will be testing it out hopefully soon on some TX tunas.

4. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

check out armbreakercustomrods also on Ebay.

I have a Harvester rod... and its a meat stick! I could whoop a mule with it! I like it. I have a super seeker from arm breaker.. its very nice as well.. :)

5. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

what's the name of armbreakercustomrod's store?

6. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

7. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

he does some really nice work

8. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Dave (at armbreakercustomrods) is a super guy. I exchange emails with him on a regular basis. I have three of his Super Seeker rods. One is perfect in every way but the the other two .....well, he's a real nice guy. PM me of you want details.

9. gman

gman Senior Member

those armbreaker ords are insane looking

10. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I second the Trinidad 40N. I've got the Ocea Jigger the same size and it a beast with 15kg of drag and a little lower gear ratio. Put the Trinidad handle in the last hole for a little mas leverage and it's a powerhouse. The 50 is too bulky for jigging.

Fred

11. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Armbreaker Custom Rods Site Sponsor

Dave (at armbreakercustomrods) is a super guy. I exchange emails with him on a regular basis. I have three of his Super Seeker rods. One is perfect in every way but the the other two .....well, he's a real nice guy. PM me of you want details.
    HELLO DRIFTER,
    WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR OTHER 2 RODS?NO COMPLAINTS EXCEPT YOU HERE,PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AS I WOULD SURE LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU ON THIS MATTER.
    THANKS SO MUCH!
    DAVE
    armbreakercustomrods.com

12. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

armbreakercustomrods.com

PM Sent