360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHat is the difference between the 30wide and the 4/0 wide?? I am thinking the only difference is the availiabe drag??? I am bidding on a ProEX30W-2 speed on Ebay, and see that I can get a 4/0 wide 2-speed from Boaters World for pretty close to what the ebay price is coming to....:confused:

2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
passed on the ebay.. think I can get a Shimano Tiagra 20 and be happy with it for a 50# reel (PRO staffing has its advantages- trying to get West Marine to carry AVET). I figure I will like it better than the Avet 30. Gonna stick with the AVET 50 SDS for big boys though. Had a brain fart and totally forgot I had a place to get Tiagras. I am thinking I can get around 700yds of 80# spectra on the Ti20, with a short 25 yd topshot. (live bait and chunking setup). Still unhappy with my bass reel warranty deal with Shimano, but at least I got it back and its working now.

heres the auction if anyone is interested.. ends at 1:30 pm....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260058060295&rd=1&rd=1

2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer Mr Bill. Hopefully I will have everything I need, if not- I will take u up on the offer.... BTW- you better be on the boat, we gotta tuna race!! hehe.. Having a super seeker custom built before the trip, with an AVET 50 SDS on it... in the meantime, I gotta get back in shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.