360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,699 Posts
If you have the garmin 3210 go with the garmin AP. they bought out tr-1 and they make an outstanding autopilot. no rudder feedback sensor to break or go bad. it also has shadow drive. where you can grab the wheel to make a correction.. let go and it will go back on course.. Mcgolfer has one.. and loves it..

G

·
tr-1 is a great product. an auto pilot is the best investment i have ever made in my boat. no more fighting the helm for 4 hours on a run back in from the floaters after 30 hours of fishing and fatigue setting in. it has also paid for itself in the fuel it has saved by steering a straight course opposed to my eratic course......rick

·
361 Posts
tr-1 is a great product. an auto pilot is the best investment i have ever made in my boat. no more fighting the helm for 4 hours on a run back in from the floaters after 30 hours of fishing and fatigue setting in. it has also paid for itself in the fuel it has saved by steering a straight course opposed to my eratic course......rick

Agree 100% eccept it takes me a little longer than 4 hours to get home, more like 6 and I have a Raymarine (the cheap one) a little over 1k and worth its weight in gold........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea, Can"t go wrong with an autopilot. Once u have one , u will never own another boat without it. I have a simrad AP-16, and like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts