AutoPilot

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by CapeFearSportswear, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Fishing a 31 CC with Garmin 3210...looking to add auto pilot....what would you recommend?

Chris

2. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

auto helm makes one that works great I had a ratheon it was ok

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

If you have the garmin 3210 go with the garmin AP. they bought out tr-1 and they make an outstanding autopilot. no rudder feedback sensor to break or go bad. it also has shadow drive. where you can grab the wheel to make a correction.. let go and it will go back on course.. Mcgolfer has one.. and loves it..

4. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

Hey Bret,

I think I am going to buy a Garmin AutoPilot :)

5. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

tr-1 is a great product. an auto pilot is the best investment i have ever made in my boat. no more fighting the helm for 4 hours on a run back in from the floaters after 30 hours of fishing and fatigue setting in. it has also paid for itself in the fuel it has saved by steering a straight course opposed to my eratic course......rick

6. rhale

rhale Senior Member

tr-1 is a great product. an auto pilot is the best investment i have ever made in my boat. no more fighting the helm for 4 hours on a run back in from the floaters after 30 hours of fishing and fatigue setting in. it has also paid for itself in the fuel it has saved by steering a straight course opposed to my eratic course......rick

Agree 100% eccept it takes me a little longer than 4 hours to get home, more like 6 and I have a Raymarine (the cheap one) a little over 1k and worth its weight in gold........

7. Tunahunter

Tunahunter Guest

Yea, Can"t go wrong with an autopilot. Once u have one , u will never own another boat without it. I have a simrad AP-16, and like it.