360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a solid gourp going out on the Big - E on on this tirp.

This trip there will be very little moon out and the boat should be on some good fish this time of year.

Last I checked the boat was only half full, so dont waste any more time if your thinking about making one of these trips.

·
36 Posts
I'm dang excited to be on this trip. Thanks for the invite Bryan. Looking forward to meeting some new people and some good relationships. Is it too early to get my stuff together? lol

Don

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Far we got

From here-

Muddksipper
Capt. Bill Fish
Steve
Don Savage
his work buddy

Who else ?????

·
Registered
100 Posts
I sure wish I could have gotten on this one too, but I have other obligations and trips scheduled. Don't forget to stock up on the right topwaters and swimbaits! Grandad's Fishing Tackle carries OTI Poppers and Jigs as well as Grandads 6" and 8" Smacker Mackerel swimbaits! Anyone going in this trip can place their order by 3:00 Tuesday 8/14/2008 and we WILL arange for their order to be ON THE BIG E before the launch!

·
1,025 Posts
Good luck guys!! Can't wait to hear the report!

·
88 Posts
What is the weather like? I didn't see anything alarming to cancel a fishing trip, especially in a boat that size.

·
358 Posts
What is the weather like? I didn't see anything alarming to cancel a fishing trip, especially in a boat that size.

It was at 6-8ft earlier on which would have been fine but kept getting worse.

GMZ080-150930-
NW GULF N OF 25N W OF 90W
INCLUDING FLOWER GARDEN BANKS NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY
1030 PM CDT TUE AUG 14 2007

...TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS EXPECTED S OF 27N WED NIGHT THROUGH
THU NIGHT...

TONIGHT AND WED
S OF 27N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN ASSOCIATION
WITH TROPICAL DEPRESSION FIVE. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT. N OF 27N E WINDS
10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. NUMEROUS TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF
TROPICAL DEPRESSION FIVE.

WED NIGHT THROUGH THU NIGHT
TROPICAL STORM FORCE OR GREATER
WINDS WITHIN 60 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 30 NM S SEMICIRCLE...WITH
HIGHEST WINDS 40 KT GUSTS 50 KT. SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER IN AREA
OF TROPICAL STORM FORCE OR GREATER WINDS...WITH SEAS TO 14 FT.
REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. NUMEROUS
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE TROPICAL STORM.

FRI THROUGH SUN
SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT.

·
1,699 Posts
Yeah, the big E could handle the seas, but you run the risk of getting injured in the sloppy conditions.. Those stairs going to the topdeck can be brutal if you slip. Sorry to hear the trip is cancelled. (I know this will be the last chance to fish the tx gulf coasts best tuna boat for most of you )

·
1,105 Posts
Sorry to hear about the cancellation, and I sure hope the same thing doesn't happen to us. I believe there are at least two slots open on our September 1 trip. I know we had to turn one back and the only party boarding before us turned one back as well.

Russ

·
553 Posts
i know what a disappointment it is when a trip is cancelled. It's even much worse when anger is added to it.

Two years ago a day after Thanksgiving, i went on a 60hr on the LaPesca in miserable conditions. The boat was battered by 14-16ft swells and the tunas seemed to be bothered by the weather and were not too excited about eating. Dolphin Docks refused to to cancelled the trip. DDocks made their money but it was a waste and sorry a$$ loss for us anglers.

·
1,025 Posts

Any wind over 15mph really hampers the jig and drift fishing, especially if there is a current.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts