360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost time and the BFT will start showing up off of cape Lookout, NC. The last 2 years I've landed my first fish of the season the week before Thanksgiving so we will begin the hunt starting around Nov 20th. The big question this year will be can we land a giant on a jig?? Some say it' can't be done but I think diffrent. We have built what we think is the right gear and I have plenty of Exp. catching and landing plenty of these fish from up North to NC.. The question is when and were and who will be the lucky Angler!! Here's a few pics from last season while I was commercial fishing out of Morehead City, NC..
Ken

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nobody ever though it was possible to catch a 300# YFT, but look at what there doing in MX.. This is the year!!! Watch for the reports...Ken

·
62 Posts
Nobody ever though it was possible to catch a 300# YFT, but look at what there doing in MX.. This is the year!!! Watch for the reports...Ken

yep, thats kinda what ive thought, if they can catch em on long range boats on 50w standup setups, i do thnk its possible in our shallow water w/ beeeef jigging setups......

damn i love living 10 minutes from Morehead City :D, cant wait for the call..."theres one at the friggin dock...on a damn jig" is the one im sure will happen b4 long..

Jesse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts