Atlantic Beach/Morehead City NC BFT Fishing!!

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Swell Rider, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

It's almost time and the BFT will start showing up off of cape Lookout, NC. The last 2 years I've landed my first fish of the season the week before Thanksgiving so we will begin the hunt starting around Nov 20th. The big question this year will be can we land a giant on a jig?? Some say it' can't be done but I think diffrent. We have built what we think is the right gear and I have plenty of Exp. catching and landing plenty of these fish from up North to NC.. The question is when and were and who will be the lucky Angler!! Here's a few pics from last season while I was commercial fishing out of Morehead City, NC..
    Ken

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

ken get a rail installed =)

3. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Peter, A rail, no rail needed.

4. jig42na

jig42na Spinal Rods

Come on Ken its to early to be posting this crap. Why don't you twist the knife while your at it. LOL

I'll be seeing you soon. I'm actaully considering coming down to fish with Crazy Dan and you on MOn Tue. He called me today.

5. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

i wanna get that thing up in 4 minutes =)

6. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Sounds good Travis. Remember, No shots unless the weathers bad!!! Hope you come down. Ken

7. jig42na

jig42na Spinal Rods

Sounds good Travis. Remember, No shots unless the weathers bad!!! Hope you come down. Ken

RedBulll and vodka..........??????

Peter thats sounds like fun......4 minutes on a green GBFT.

8. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Peter, Here's your rail. I will have it onboard if you come down. Ken

Attached Files:

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Anything is possible. Giant on jig sounds like an awesome plan.

10. Swell Rider

Swell Rider Member

Nobody ever though it was possible to catch a 300# YFT, but look at what there doing in MX.. This is the year!!! Watch for the reports...Ken

11. Jesse Lockowitz

Jesse Lockowitz Member

Nobody ever though it was possible to catch a 300# YFT, but look at what there doing in MX.. This is the year!!! Watch for the reports...Ken

yep, thats kinda what ive thought, if they can catch em on long range boats on 50w standup setups, i do thnk its possible in our shallow water w/ beeeef jigging setups......

damn i love living 10 minutes from Morehead City :D, cant wait for the call..."theres one at the friggin dock...on a damn jig" is the one im sure will happen b4 long..

Jesse