360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there's been some discussion about various jig bags, roll-ups, tackle boxes, buckets, you name it. I thought I'd throw up this review for a non-standard fishing roll-up bag. The product is an Arsenal Storage Systems Ergodyne roll-up wrench bag. I purchased it from Amazon for $13.89 with free shipping(I'm a prime member) at this link:

Amazon.com: Arsenal 13770 Tool Roll-Up: Home Improvement

I consider myself to be quite frugal, so a good deal on a decent quality product is always welcomed in my book. With Shimano and other manufacturers selling their jig bags for $40 and up, I had to find something cheaper as I'd rather spend the extra money on some new jigs or poppers, something that will actually catch a fish. Well, today it arrived.

Here is what it looked like when I first opened it:

Here is a picture unrolled:

As you can see, there are three small pockets on the end, with velcro. PERFECT for assist hook storage(keep reading):

I went ahead and dug up all the misc. jigs in my tackle box that currently do not have a home. There some small and large Williamson's, some small and large Shimano flat-sides, and some Jumbo OTI:

I also found this pile of assist hooks that did not have a home, which I decided would be perfect to utilize those small pockets for. Another use for those pockets would be bags of split rings and solid rings, or whatever else you may need to store.

Organized the assist hooks into three piles, new small, moderately used, and new large:

I went ahead and found homes for all the jigs, notice there is PLENTY of room for more storage, either more jigs or even pliers, etc:

I put all the assist hooks in their new home:

And lastly, here is the completed bag, with plenty of room to spare, all my misc. jigs, and all my assist hooks:

The bag even has a nice carry handle. My conclusion is that for $14 and shipping if you need to pay for it(amazon offers free shipping after $25, so if you order 2 it's free), this bag cannot be beat. It fits perfect in my fishing bag with my other roll-ups, provides plenty of protection, clips shut rather than ties shut, and even has a carry handle. A worthy investment in my book.

·
1,095 Posts
Say, Squished. Thanks for pm heads up! btw -... after you loaded it up and rolled it up, what were the final dimensions? (length, diameter).

Man, u done goooood!! I think I'm gonna' git me one!

butch

·
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
13 wide, check picture 3

13x4x5 roughly. It will all depend on how many jigs you put in.

·
1,095 Posts
13 wide, check picture 3

13x4x5 roughly. It will all depend on how many jigs you put in.

Your stash in the photos is about what I need to put in one of those, so the diameter dimension works great for me and the bag I plan on using to carry it and my poppers. Tnx a million!!

butch

·
952 Posts
Appears to lack the drainage capability of a true jig roll though. Also it looks like the ends of the jigs that stick out are exposed, leaving them vulnerable to scratching from the other jigs as they rub up against eachother when the bag is rolled up.

·
225 Posts
Appears to lack the drainage capability of a true jig roll though. Also it looks like the ends of the jigs that stick out are exposed, leaving them vulnerable to scratching from the other jigs as they rub up against eachother when the bag is rolled up.

they wont chaffe much...as long as you roll it up nice and tight....LOOSE and lots of vibration could to it...but I dont see that really being a factor

·
652 Posts

aren't they going to get "scratched" by fish anyway? :)

·
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

they wont chaffe much...as long as you roll it up nice and tight....LOOSE and lots of vibration could to it...but I dont see that really being a factor

Precisely, i put more than one jig to a pocket and none rubbed together. The pockets are tight so movement is minimal. As for drainage, I can't remember the last time I dunked my jig roll. Actually, come to think of it I never have. My jigs get put away with a few drops of water on them, if any at all so I don't see drainage ever being an issue.

aren't they going to get "scratched" by fish anyway? :)

Yep, I fish all mine, I don't collect them

·
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:

Just added 5 more Pelagic 14oz jigs, 1 7oz braid glow jig, and 1 230g OTI jackal. Still room for more, still rolls up easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts