Archer co. Turkey day Buck

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by Bret, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

My hunting buddy Bob has been holding out for the past couple of years for a nice mature buck.. Well he went to the stand at 12.15 in the afternoon on Thanksgiving day. he didnt see anything until 5.00 and whacked a fat doe.. he got out and dragged her to the road and went back to the stand. Just before dark a buck walks out.. He grunted,whistled, hollared, etc..(itwas windy)finally got a good look at him and put the ko on him with his .308. I am glad he got the one he was looking for. he's a main frame 8 with a kicker and small drop on the left side.. the main beam was broke on the left side as well... He wont score too well, but hes a great buck for the area we hunt.

Attached Files:

2. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Good looking buck.

3. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Congrats to Bob. Looks like he's a member of the Rem 788 fan club.

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Congrats to Bob. Looks like he's a member of the Rem 788 fan club.

Yeah, Bob is pretty proud of himself.. I sold both he and his uncle Bill a 788 in .308... They seem to do the trick.. and its pretty accurate..

5. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Hey Bret, I'd say he got him a very nice buck! Would trade my spike for him for sure! :)

Earl

6. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Nice buck! I'm getting the fever....

I sat in the blind Sunday evening and saw a 9 pointer, 4 pointer, 3 yearling bucks and 11 does all at the same time....lots of activity.

7. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

nice buck .. for a HOG MAN!! :) good deer!

8. awesum

awesum Senior Member

I hunt on my place here on the 50 or so acres where I live in Jim Wells Co. With a bunch of trigger happy neighbors the buck don't have a chance so I have to take when I can. On T-day evening I popped this one at about 125 yards thinking it was an 8 pointer but when I got to it I noticed it didn't have any brow tines so it was just a tall 6 point. Nice fat deer though/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next morning I put my sister in a blind where I'd been seeing an 8 point and in less than an hour she had this one on the ground.

[​IMG]

I think we're through deer hunting now.

9. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

That looks like some good eating Bobby.

10. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

In Texas....that is an eight pointer. Nice buck Bobby!

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Man, I miss south texas.... Awesum, those are some nice deer....