Appraisal/Consignment

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by dlvrme, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dlvrme

dlvrme Guest

Hello Everyone.

I am a widow with fishing equiptment.

I have no clue how much my husband spent on his fishing rods. They where all custom built. The reels where easy enough. I heard the one about the fisherman who's biggest worry was that after he died his wife would sell his equiptment for what he told her he paid for it. :confused:

So, I really could use some help/advise/direction. I have had no luck searching for information online about any of this stuff. I don't live buy the ocean where I can just go check out a couple of good places, because I live in Las Vegas.

The place that made them has not been returning my calls, which that would have been the easiest to do, but, for whatever reason, they won't.

Thanks for your help.

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Hello Everyone.

I am a widow with fishing equiptment.

I have no clue how much my husband spent on his fishing rods. They where all custom built. The reels where easy enough. I heard the one about the fisherman who's biggest worry was that after he died his wife would sell his equiptment for what he told her he paid for it. :confused:

So, I really could use some help/advise/direction. I have had no luck searching for information online about any of this stuff. I don't live buy the ocean where I can just go check out a couple of good places, because I live in Las Vegas.

The place that made them has not been returning my calls, which that would have been the easiest to do, but, for whatever reason, they won't.

Thanks for your help.

Take pictures of the gear and post it up

d-a

3. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Whats the place that made them?

d-a

4. dlvrme

dlvrme Guest

Here is the info I got off of each:

Red 80 inches Pacific Bay 7465H 50-130

Blue (Dodgers) 79 inches Pacific Bay 765L 30-80

Solid Black 79 inches 7465L 30-80

Swirled black silver (Raiders fan) 700M 20-50 Fuji, and it said H24 on the Fuji handle

5. dlvrme

dlvrme Guest

Whats the place that made them?

d-a

M and M in San Diego. They used to have a website, but its gone.

6. rexonna2002@yahoo.com

[email protected] Junior member

How about the reels, can you post pics of the reels

7. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

What you have to keep in mind about custom rods is that the resale value is ussually a lot lower percentage of one that was factory built.
    You have some very good rods there. If you had a price mind for them I could be interested in a couple...

8. dlvrme

dlvrme Guest

How about the reels, can you post pics of the reels

I had already figured out the reels, thanks!

9. dlvrme

dlvrme Guest

Hi, thanks for the help. After learning about this further,we are going to be keeping the rods. I was under the impression that they were more valueable on the market. But they meant more to my husband then the $100 I could get for them. I wouldn't want him pawning my Tiffany ring. Thanks very much, I do really appreciate your time, and happy fishing!