Anyone use/try a XZoga rod?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by YMMV, Aug 3, 2009.

1. YMMV

YMMV Senior Member

Just curious. I see these all over fleabay but have never really read anyone using them. I found some info on the "other" jigging site. From what I have read, they are silimar to the JM rods-at least the weight, and bend of the rod. Anyone have any other useful tidbits? I mean for the price of them, you aren't far from a JM at all.

2. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

Jason,

Thanks for posting that link :)
    I asked the same question several months ago.

P.S.
    Reading that thread again its interesting/entertaining how heated that discussion got. :-D

Ty

3. YMMV

YMMV Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up guys.

I am mainly wanting to know from people who have first hand experience fishing the rod. Not where its made or what people have heard.

4. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I am mainly wanting to know from people who have first hand experience fishing the rod. Not where its made or what people have heard.

Jason has a couple. There well made, but having a lifetime warranty would lead me towards getting an OTI rod for a few dollars more.

d-a

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

The origin doesn't matter as most jigging rod including expensivie Japanese rods are made in China these day. the matter are qualtity control and material used.

6. north coast

north coast Senior Member

The origin doesn't matter as most jigging rod including expensivie Japanese rods are made in China these day. the matter are qualtity control and material used.

Kil, You said this in the other thread. your confusing me.:D

"When reviewing any products, the origin of products is very important. not because of product itself, but because of quality control.
    Ask TJ of OTI how hard the quality control is when they get products from overseas"

Jeez ,every day It seems , I learn of a new company making rods/blanks that are worthy of at least a try. I'm in the market for a spinning rod around 3-400g. But every time I think I've made a decision,something new comes up. I don't think I'd be unhappy with any on the short list, but the more new manufacturers I learn about the harder the decision becomes.

7. rtran

rtran Senior Member

is the takadum 5518 a broomstick? from the youtube video of 20kg lift it took 2 people

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil, You said this in the other thread. your confusing me.:D

"When reviewing any products, the origin of products is very important. not because of product itself, but because of quality control.
    Ask TJ of OTI how hard the quality control is when they get products from overseas"

Jeez ,every day It seems , I learn of a new company making rods/blanks that are worthy of at least a try. I'm in the market for a spinning rod around 3-400g. But every time I think I've made a decision,something new comes up. I don't think I'd be unhappy with any on the short list, but the more new manufacturers I learn about the harder the decision becomes.

I should have said the quality control and marial used instead of origin of products. Some manufadturers in China are capable of making exellent rods/blanks as many famous Japanese jgging rods come from China. But they maintain high quality control which I don't expect from cheaer blanks from China. However it doesn't mean the blanks are not poor qualtiy. Some rods like Riley rods/blanks have excellent reviews by users.

I am constantly looking for jigging/popping rods/blanks. And my goal is to look for best rods/blanks for jigging and popping, not the reasonable rods/blansk for the money. Highly regarded composite GUSA rods failed yesterday while fighing a nice bluefin with it yesterday. It was a part of my pursuit of finding best jiggind/popping rods availabe. I am going to test high quality Japanese jigging rods in a few days before I sell them. If it doesn;t perform to my expectation, I don't carry them.

For starters who are looking for rods/reels with good quality, but reasonable prices , I recommend OTI rods/blanks as they maintain pretty good qualtiy control as well as excellent after-service.