360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically wanting to know how the Tobizo 8.0-200g GT rod compares to the Ripple Fisher 82LC.

Also, anyone know where to get their hands one here in the states? I read somewhere they have some sort of exclusive trade partnership with a handful of countries and the rods can’t be sold to US-based customers(wth!?).

thanks

· Registered
8 Posts
I we don’t know that I’ve ever gotten a first hand review-is the tobizo worth that heavy price tag?
Honestly, probably not in the 50 size range that I own. But it’s the sweet spot for a lot of my fishing, so I splurged and got a bit of a discount on it too. The quality of the rod is top notch, but that applies to my other Zenaq rods too. You could check out the Fokeeto Twitch as an alternative. I’ve got a Fokeeto Long Cast FC761 which is the lighter end of that line.

For heavier applications though, I think the value starts to improve a bit. They cast great, fight great, and are quite sensitive.

· Registered
1 Posts
From my point of view high-quality rod from a top brand. Worth each cent spent. Used about 5-6 different types (casting, jigging, slow) of rods of this brand. Well-known, popular, and very famous brand in the middle east and France. Was very surprised that this brand was not represented in the local market when I moved to the USA 4 years ago.
Very strong, super sensitive, very light blanks, BUT, like all Japanese rods, require very delicate handling.
At this moment in use:
Defi Muthos Sonio 100M
Tobizo 80-80G
Fokeeto FC78-2 LongCast (easily handles 20-25 pounds kings from the boat)
Ikari Fokeeto FB64-5

At the link below you can see what Zenaq rod can handle, from my own experience. Have to mention, I used this Zenaq Defi Muthos 83H AR definitely not for its intended purpose, but it holds and did a job.
BFT on ZENAQ Muthos 83H AR

I ordered a few times directly from the manufacturer. If they have it in stock you can get it in 7-10 days. Fast shipping in a tube. You can contact them directly and ask any questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts