360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea looks like an avet on roids lol and same thing was tempted to buy and give it a shot

·
265 Posts
that reel looks awesome!!! i love the color too. 15kg of drag is also a ton thats over 30lbs right? i wonder if it has binding issues or not and what the weight is. very impressive.
Bobby

·
138 Posts
being as payment is thru paypal...I wouldn't worry

I think the $120 is sort of beside the point. My concern is that there's no reimbursement for the frustration of losing a fish to reel failure. For cod, it's probably not a big risk, because you're likely to get more chances so long as you have a backup rig. But for tuna, it's not unusual to get one hookup all day...the cost savings would not be worth my frustration if I lost my only chance at a nice tuna when the reel broke. Of course an expensive reel could fail also, but at least I wouldn't feel angry at myself for cutting corners.

I wish I could say that I'd just shrug off a lost trophy as an experiment, but I know full well that I'm not that laid back. But if you get to fish very often, a reel failure might not be as big of a deal to you. If you do buy the reel, be sure to post a review! :)

·
225 Posts
I think the $120 is sort of beside the point. My concern is that there's no reimbursement for the frustration of losing a fish to reel failure. For cod, it's probably not a big risk, because you're likely to get more chances so long as you have a backup rig. But for tuna, it's not unusual to get one hookup all day...the cost savings would not be worth my frustration if I lost my only chance at a nice tuna when the reel broke. Of course an expensive reel could fail also, but at least I wouldn't feel angry at myself for cutting corners.

I wish I could say that I'd just shrug off a lost trophy as an experiment, but I know full well that I'm not that laid back. But if you get to fish very often, a reel failure might not be as big of a deal to you. If you do buy the reel, be sure to post a review! :)

ah...gotcha, makes PERFECT sense now that you explained it that way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts