Anyone sells these?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by explorer, Apr 14, 2018.

1. explorer

explorer Member

Whatever that call....(not sure).... any brand just sells that part where I can use it to put on reel lug? Instead of buying the whole harness? Thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. bnz

bnz Just a guy who likes to fish

Do a search for stainless snap hook online. You’ll want a 316 stainless. Lots of different sizes and they aren’t that expensive.

3. north coast

north coast Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 7:53 AM
  4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

It's called a Carabiner. they come in many sizes.
    a couple 3" ones would be perfect for your harness

available at all hardware/farm implement/boating supply shops
    buy good ones (brass or stainless steel), the aluminum ones are usually very cheap & fail in a short amount of time

5. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

Carabiners aren’t needed if you’re going to put them where you have the pictured? Those two hooks hook onto the Reel lugs. Adding the clips will just get in your way.

Benny

6. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Ah, indeed.
    also, you want to be able to remove those clips very fast if necessary.
    carabiners will slow that process down significantly.

7. explorer

explorer Member

Sorry I should been clearer. I have a BackSupport&FightingBelt that work/clip together but this belt don’t come with the Strab&Clip that I can clip to the Reel lug. I was thinking to get one that will go around my waist just in case I lose my $700 setup.

8. a1flyfishr

Which belt do you have? Check and see if your belt has rings. Maybe it has the rings for the drop straps and that’s all you’ll need to purchase.

Benny

9. explorer

explorer Member

I have this and there are 2 rings but not sure how strong they are. Was thinking Strap that go around my waist. Let me check if they are strong enough. Have not have big fish pulling in the other side so not sure what to expect. Do the rings take a lot of stress?

[​IMG]

10. a1flyfishr

A2E26D3A-7AB2-449D-938D-ACDA67A1D288.jpeg I am almost positive that these rings (if there is one on the other side) are for your Reel straps. So all you need to purchase are the straps.

11. a1flyfishr

12. Kim

Kim Senior Member Supporting Member

What brand is the fighting harness?

13. explorer

explorer Member

Thanks Benny, the rings is kind of next/behind the plastic buckle, once the whole thing clipped together, plastic buckle would be in the way for the “Strap” .

Anyway....I think this Izorline thingy will work. There is a grove at the back I can run through so it’s around my waist (if they are long enough). Any idea how long this are? I checked, they don’t even list the spec on their website.

[​IMG]

14. Kim

Google some dive supply sites and find a couple "D" rings on a web loop, slide them on the main belt with the "D" ring on top, problem solved. JM belts have no provision for the reel lug straps.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 2:36 PM
  15. a1flyfishr

No I don’t know the length. Don’t think they will be long enough to wrap around your waist if they are meant to go from the harness rings to Reel only. Sorry I am not familiar with the JM harness system. Thinking all harnesses are kindof similar the straps should connect to the ring and the release clips go onto your Reel. If you have trouble finding straps give Kil a call he should be able to give you the best advice.

16. Kim

Explorer, the issue with a belt going around the waist for the reel lugs, would be that it can slide from side to side since it's not anchored anywhere and that could make things a bit more challenging, same thing for the "D" rings on a web loop if they aren't stitched to the belt somehow. If you are going to ride with the JM belt, you will have to come up with a modification and maybe have someone do some heavy duty sewing for you.

I normally fish with an Aftco Alijos fighting belt and a Sampo Swivel Stand up fishing harness because the belt is small, can wear it comfortably at my back and bring it to the front for use fast, the jacket, just slide your arms into the shoulder holes(?) and snap the clips on the reel.
    AlijosFightingBelt.jpg

Sampo Swivel Jacket.jpg
    If I know I'm going to need a full harness rig, I wear the Aftco Maxforce XH and just snap the gimbal plate on after I'm hooked up. I find the velcro belt is easier to do than the snap buckles.

MaxforceHarnessXH.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM