360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
This weekend BFT off Virginia Wx depending...
bluefin tuna or blackfin tuna ? :)
If bluefin, how far do you want to make a run ?

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Bluefin... they are about 45 nm from the nearest boat ramp.
Are you talking about Lumy Bottom or 26 Mile Hill ?
If so, good bites are going on now. I got a report that 185 lbs bluefin was caught on a hammered diamond jig off Cape May, NJ today.

·
2,835 Posts
I've got a stupid question about all this bluefin fishing going on up East. Are the tuna spread along the shoreline form NY to Virginia's?
When do the tuna go into deep water?

·
652 Posts
I've got a stupid question about all this bluefin fishing going on up East. Are the tuna spread along the shoreline form NY to Virginia's?
When do the tuna go into deep water?

They're spread from Virginia to southern New Jersey along the 20-30 fathom lines (roughly 40-50 miles), then again along Rhode Island and Massachusetts, this time closer inshore. They stick around through the fall.

·
652 Posts
Chumlord, would you be willing to offer a trip next weekend? I'll be in the area for a wedding on saturday the 25th. :)

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ksong 26 mile hill was first in my thoughts leaving from Rudee inlet, Virginia Beach.

I try to fish every weekend and sometimes during the week Wx depending of course. Just to be clear, I am not a charter captain, simply a very dedicated recreational fisherman, I felt the term "offered" didn't apply.

If you are all about offshore fishing or fishing in general for that matter call me we will chat and perhaps head out to the blue.

757 407 5812

Lou

1 - 13 of 13 Posts