Anyone into jigging wanna head offshore???

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Chumlord, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

If you are all about it call me 757 407 5812

Lou

2. gman

gman Senior Member

for what and when

3. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

This weekend BFT off Virginia Wx depending...

4. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

I'd come jig with you if my foot wasn't still banged up. Got about 3 more weeks.

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

This weekend BFT off Virginia Wx depending...
    bluefin tuna or blackfin tuna ? :)
    If bluefin, how far do you want to make a run ?

6. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

Bluefin... they are about 45 nm from the nearest boat ramp.

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Bluefin... they are about 45 nm from the nearest boat ramp.
    Are you talking about Lumy Bottom or 26 Mile Hill ?
    If so, good bites are going on now. I got a report that 185 lbs bluefin was caught on a hammered diamond jig off Cape May, NJ today.

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I've got a stupid question about all this bluefin fishing going on up East. Are the tuna spread along the shoreline form NY to Virginia's?
    When do the tuna go into deep water?

9. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Senior Member

I've got a stupid question about all this bluefin fishing going on up East. Are the tuna spread along the shoreline form NY to Virginia's?
    When do the tuna go into deep water?

They're spread from Virginia to southern New Jersey along the 20-30 fathom lines (roughly 40-50 miles), then again along Rhode Island and Massachusetts, this time closer inshore. They stick around through the fall.

10. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Senior Member

Chumlord, would you be willing to offer a trip next weekend? I'll be in the area for a wedding on saturday the 25th. :)

11. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

ksong 26 mile hill was first in my thoughts leaving from Rudee inlet, Virginia Beach.

I try to fish every weekend and sometimes during the week Wx depending of course. Just to be clear, I am not a charter captain, simply a very dedicated recreational fisherman, I felt the term "offered" didn't apply.

If you are all about offshore fishing or fishing in general for that matter call me we will chat and perhaps head out to the blue.

757 407 5812

Lou

12. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Senior Member

Sorry I wasn't sure. I may give you a call sometime concerning next weekend.

13. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

CAll anytime always looking to fish with new people. We cancelled our trip due to a combination of poor reports and NE @ 15 kts!!! Will be watching for this next weekend!!!