Anyone headed to the coast the 14-25 of March

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by PiePuncher, Mar 1, 2007.

1. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

I will be down for a little over a week and plan to get offshore and do quite a bit of trout and red fishing. Anyone else plan on being down during that time period? I cant wait to get my slaughter on.

Keith

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Keith, I will be down next weekend to work on the boat.. but dont think I can make it back that soon. I am itching bad for a wahoo run..

3. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I will be paddling north from PM to Corpus. I will have a radio and will be monitoring channel 68. If you want to run down the beach to meet up in the evnings, come on.

4. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

I will hit you up pope. When do you plan on getting down?

Bret, a good wahoo bite would be the bomb!!

5. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I fly down on the 15th.

6. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

I plan on being on the coast. :D

7. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

If you want beeliners and hardheads piepuncher is the guy. I heard his secret bait is dead shrimp.

I know where there is some fresh redfish in fort worth, it comes with a free ice chest.

8. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

that's funny! P.P. can you email or pm me on the PINS stuff
    going on 5/20, love to hook up w/ you if you're gonna be there
    How's that boy? been ititiated yet?
    -B

9. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

Ill be at the coast next week.

10. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

here now....... (PI/SPI)

but hope to get out this weekend before the spring breakers take over

11. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

One more week and to the bluff I go. I will be there till the 23rd and will be fishing for the full week and will hopefully get the open window to head offshore. As of now, I will have three on the boat and might have room for one more. I can easily fish four without a problem. This last weekend we had four people on the front casting deck all tossing Super traps without a problem. I will hit you up soon Lite-Liner and I just cant wait to get down and get my slaughter on. I have been releasing the reds as of recent but I dont think the offshore species will be quite so lucky.

12. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Not trying to burst your bubble, but you must release all reds caught in Fed waters..(Someone please correct me if I am wrong!) At least thats the way I remember it... I will look it up and get back..

Ok if you are within tx waters (nine nautical miles) you can keep em.. but you cannot keep any in federal waters.. go to www.gulfcouncil.org and check out fishing regs

13. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

I will not be catching reds in federal waters and would never attempt to. I have been catching them at a local lake and catch enough there to satisfy my red craving. The only time I have ever caught red drum outside the jetties has been within state waters but I have heard of other people catching them. I am talking about hoos, aj's, and groups that are feeling hungry enough to take the bait. They will go into the fishbox and not back to the water from which they came.

14. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Cool, just didnt want you to get a ticket in your new boat...:)

15. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Change of plans. I will not be off PINS. My buddy had something come up. I will be with Vance at his place. Kinda a last minute deal, but a good deal. Sorry you guys will be working :)