Anyone from the Port Aransas area?

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by Formula4Fish, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

Hi everyone. I just found this board, and thought I'd see if anyone from my part of the woods is a member. Anyone here from the Corpus Christi-Port Aransas area?

This time of the year we are at the mercy of the weather, and must take advantage of the calm days following passage of a windy cold front. I'm retired and looking for experienced and enthusiastic "share the expenses" fishing partners that are free to go during on these days, which seldom occur on a weekend.

I'm into trolling for billfish and the attendent bycatch, the usual haunts are 40 to 70 miles offshore. I'm gungho to put together an overnighter sometime in October around a floater 65 miles out in 250-300 fathoms. Get there before dark and fish for Tuna, then drift for Swordfish, then back to the early morning Tuna bite.

Any other bluewater Texans out there?

2. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Snagged here from the Corpus Poachers.
    We generally have a breakfast meeting on saturdays.

3. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

Pleased to meet you, Snagged. Who's "we" and where and why do you meet?

4. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Myself, StxFisherman, Deep blue gulf, Etan and Bellyup has turned to bluegill fishing in Tyler.
    Most generally at Floyd's in the Bluff on saturday's.

There are a few others that show up at different times, but are not regulars.

Why do any fishmen get together? To lie, of course.... As well as BS, talk tackle, talk trips and generally enjoy ourselves.