360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a feel if anyone here fishes So. Cal and No. Mexico.

I leave a on a four day aboard the Pacific Voyager August 27th and was wondering if anyone had a feel of the "true reports" and not what they report on the landings websites.

In the past we've gone as far south as Point Colonet but that's rare. Normally in Mexican waters we hit Rockpile and the area around it.

Last year we crushed them at Tanner and Cortes Banks.

·
9 Posts
Capt Mark is a fish killing machine. Always finds the bite. Rarely follows the pack. There’s an amazing amount of tuna in US waters this year. 3/4 day boats are getting them and the bluefin are mixed in with calicos, barracuda and yellow tails at Catalina.
Not sure he’s still there but Jeff was a great chef.
I’m sure you will do well

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Capt. Mark is Fishy As Hell, that's for sure.

His son Mitch is a good kid too as are Kody and Coz the other deckhands.

Jeff, AKA Mr. Jeff depending on mood, could sling some gourmet chow that's for sure, but he retired two years ago.

Last time out (AUG 2020) was with Diane in the galley. Not sure if she's still there or not.

You local to the San Diego area?

If so any reports?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Water on the beach rolled last week with wind, the majority of big kite fish moved off and things are settling back in now, though we have 2+ major tropical storms spinning up right now, so things may shift significantly again. I'd say check back in next week to get a better lay of the land.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the report.

I hope we aren't kite fishing but I have a Yummy rig if I get a turn on the kite. The PV only flies one at a time based on my past experiences.

Wasn't expecting weather to be an issue...have to keep my eye on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts