Anybody going this weekend?

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by SpecialK, May 14, 2009.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

We are going to take a chance on this weekend and try and get out on the pond.
    Anybody else heading out?
    We will be leaving from Port Oconnor and most likely head for Falcon/eastbreaks.
    If anyone else will be that direction let us know.
    Just hit SpecialK on 16 or 28.

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm going out of Port A. It's a charity fishing and drinking tournament.:D
    A little over 100 of us (guys only) from SA headed down. We normally raise five figures for children's charities for here in SA.

3. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Watch out for that group out of PA.

Fred

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Watch out for that group out of PA. Fred

You're absolutely right. We've gotten smarter over the years. No more party's in Rockport. PA only. Drivers are hired and suburbans are used to haul us from party to party. Not having the wives & girlfriends on the trip causes men to become "Older Spring Breakers".:D

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

You're absolutely right. We've gotten smarter over the years. No more party's in Rockport. PA only. Drivers are hired and suburbans are used to haul us from party to party. Not having the wives & girlfriends on the trip causes men to become "Older Spring Breakers".:D

Man, that sounds like TROUBLE! yall have fun.. I have the pleasure of working on my rent house this weekend..

good luck to all that make out there..

6. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Mr. Bill ... steer away from Padre Island on Saturday morning.

The annual Beach to Bay marathon is going to be held Saturday morning and you can't get to Corpus from the Island until around noon or so because of all of the frickin' traffic.

7. wacker

wacker Senior Member

Don't stay out too long.

Attached Files:

8. wacker

wacker Senior Member

Weather window looks more like a doggie door

Attached Files:

9. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Weather window looks more like a doggie door
    You had to go and burst my bubble.:D
    I am looking at buoy weather for the 60 mile buoy out of POC. It looks much better than your forecast... I hope mine is more accurate.

10. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I'm going out of Port A. It's a charity fishing and drinking tournament.:D
    A little over 100 of us (guys only) from SA headed down. We normally raise five figures for children's charities for here in SA.
    If you Spring Breakers get out to do some fishing give us a shout on the radio if you get near the areas mentioned.

11. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm packed and ready. I don't mind heavy seas. It just makes you change your plans as to where you will fish. Going deep would be rather stupid this weekend as things can change quickly. Those fronts can come 12 to 24 hours ahead of schedule. This is very late in the year for one to reach the coast. I guess inshore fishing is better than nothing. I understand Kings, ling and those nasty Jack's are out there for the inshore fishing.

Or, you can just drink and check out the babes on the beach.:)

SpecialK,
    The plan is to hit Colt45, so we will be a long way from you. That's if I can wake the spring breaker's up!!!
    Some never go the bed. A few years back two showed up at the boat at 5:30 as we were departing. They were very drunk and were still drinking highballs.:eek: They lasted about two hours and then passed out. They didn't wake up until we woke them at 7PM as we tying back up to the dock. They never even knew they went fishing.:D

12. wacker

wacker Senior Member

You had to go and burst my bubble.:D
    I am looking at buoy weather for the 60 mile buoy out of POC. It looks much better than your forecast... I hope mine is more accurate.

Proly not, I think a plan B may be order....Can't go wrong with Mr, Bill and a cheep bottle of hooch for some entertainment.:D

13. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I just added a bottle of Zantac 150 to my bag. To much hooch gives me horrible heartburn.

14. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Yup there is always plan B. Uggg.
    Posieden hates me...And apparently Mrbill as well.
    We may end up just trying some jigging around baker if all else fails.

15. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Mr Bill - please post up on Colt 45. We're thinking of going the last weekend of May. We've been there twice and although flyers were everywhere, we couldn't find any fish using our sounders. We trolled for an hour w/o any luck. We did however, hit some rocks on the way back that were productive :D

16. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah did anyone end up going?

17. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

We went. It was eventful. No pictures since the camera bounced out of the boat. I'll give a good report when we get back.

18. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

that link didnt work for me.......but ill trust you anthony ;)

as you said its way too early to be weather watching

yikes re: camera bouncing out. i hope you at least caught something to make up for it.

19. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I've deleted my post on this tread because I don't want to steal SpecialK's thread.

20. wacker

wacker Senior Member

That is one well equiped ride there Mr. Bill

21. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Nice interior also. It was just me and the Capt fishing on the boat. He's done over 75 trips to the floaters. Very nice guy. I was on my own in the cockpit as he was doing good just to hold me on spots as the sea conditions were not ideal.

Attached Files:

• oc1.jpg
      oc1.jpg
      File size:
      205.8 KB
      Views:
    • oc2.jpg
      oc2.jpg
      File size:
      213.4 KB
      Views:
    • oc3.jpg
      oc3.jpg
      File size:
      226.2 KB
      Views:
    • oc4.jpg
      oc4.jpg
      File size:
      234 KB
      Views:
    • oc5.jpg
      oc5.jpg
      File size:
      211.2 KB
      Views:
  22. wacker

wacker Senior Member

Did that nasty water ever clean up out there?

23. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Did that nasty water ever clean up out there?

NO!!!!

The only good water I saw was the water put in my Scotch by the sweet bar-tender at the Friday afternoon beach party.:D

Attached Files:

24. wacker

wacker Senior Member

Dang! Ya even had Dr Pepper:D

25. Bret

Bret Senior Member

What did you catch to win the trophy??? that is a nice ride.. what is it??