360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am curious guys,

I now own some Synit, have some BH, a Smith. Getting rid of my Trevalla F except for back up rods... but the one rod I wont give up yet is my original Zenaq Fokeeto 12S. I have had it since my first trip to Tropic star years ago. My first real jigging rod and it puts a hurting on 100 lb YFT in Panama. Big difference in fighting with it versus say my Star or shimano jigging rods. I like it more then my JM power spell. But I do not see anyone posting anything about them here at all. I may be mistaken. Am I missing something here? are they a low end rod or something? Mine feels awesome, light, strong for weight, great parabolic rod.... not sure why there isnt more talk about them???

·
702 Posts
I just brought my 3rd Zenaq. I rate them highly, beautifully crafted rods that do all thats been asked of them so far.

·
9 Posts
Loads of Zenaq love here too!

I love my Defi Muthos 96HH for casting metals and plugs land-based here in Oz. Recently nailed a nice 45lb longtail tuna on it too... Eagerly awaiting my Twitch 78/4 too...

·
702 Posts
u dont here about them because there are not a cheap rod people cant afford them

Can you clarify this?

Carpenter rods, MC works rods, Synit rods all get mentioned reasonably frequently and are comparable in price???

·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you clarify this?

Carpenter rods, MC works rods, Synit rods all get mentioned reasonably frequently and are comparable in price???

Yeah that's how I am feeling. That's why I was curious. To me my Zenaq is amazing, maybe because it was my first high end rod? But if I am concerned about what fish is out there it's the combo I reach for with confidence.
I have slapped around some serious AJs with my Fokeeto 12 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,457 Posts
There good rods, just like so many others out there from Japan. Unfortunately there not marketed as much or imported as much as others.

d-a

·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There good rods, just like so many others out there from Japan. Unfortunately there not marketed as much or imported as much as others.

d-a

Well that explains it. Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
952 Posts
I have a little Zenaq rod I use for a lot of things: micro jigging, casting for blues and stripers, bait fishing for sea bass and porgies, and even carp fishing. Its nice and short and light, paired with a 2000 Twin Power. Perhaps my favorite setup because even a porgie puts up a good fight.

Here are a couple of pictures of the rod bending on some Socotra reef fish.

View attachment 59751

Attachments

·
9 Posts
I think it all boils down to marketing. I just think that they have a cult following, and it catches others. No fancy, over-the-top, in your face, blabbing on about how their carbon is the duck's nuts and all.

As for price, if you look at a particular online site in the States you can pick up the Defi Muthos 96HH (I own one) for just over 600 bucks - top blank, top components, built properly, and with no unnecessary bling and bollocks. Casts how it is supposed to for the land-based work I do, balanced beautifully, quite light to cast all day, and can turn a 20kg longtail tuna pretty easily and have it to the gaff in 7 minutes! Love it!

·
Super Moderator
6,218 Posts
8 year old thread resurrection, Wow.
kinda shows where our collective heads were at back then
Also kinda miss a lot of the members and experience we had back then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts