any radiologic techs here?

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by SkeeterRonnie, Jul 6, 2009.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

I am thinking of a career change, and am very interested in this field. a JRCert accredited facility is within range for me to attend regularly, and the challenge looks rewarding. Just wondering if anyone here is a RT, and how they like the job.

2. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

I am thinking of a career change, and am very interested in this field. a JRCert accredited facility is within range for me to attend regularly, and the challenge looks rewarding. Just wondering if anyone here is a RT, and how they like the job.

My girlfriend is going to school for this. She is a year into it and starts her clinicals this fall. She likes it so far. I have two friends that do it and from what they have said, they like it and make good money. It is a field that will continue to be in demand and will never go away. I would think about it if something were to happen with my job.

Joe

3. SkeeterRonnie

great info guys. and also a PM from a veteran in the field. I am really interested in this, and it looks very promising. I have an appt with the college later this week to get the ball rolling.

4. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

I asked a buddy about it, and he gave the profession a "glowing" recommendation!!

Pretty much exactly what MM said.

DBG

5. SkeeterRonnie

thats kinda the same positive outcome I have had from most everyone, including quite a few in the field. I am looking forward to a new challenge, and getting out from behind this prison/desk.