Any feedback on the new saltiga?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by tmd, Jul 19, 2020.

1. tmd

tmd Large Member

Has any one used this new reel yet? how is it? what's good or bad about it? any feedback is appreciated. can't seem to find any good info other than ads

2. bnz

bnz Just a guy who likes to fish

Feels more powerful than my older saltigas but not as smooth reeling (by a small margin), clicker is loud, drag is definitely stronger. I have the 14000XH.

Let me put it this way, if I find the last gen saltiga at a discount price I'd buy that, but I'm going to save up and buy more 2020 saltigas for my arsenal. By discount I'm saying I'd be willing to pay $300 more to get a new one from digitaka. Still waiting for Alan Hawk's review to come out on these.

tmd likes this.

3. tmd

tmd Large Member

Stronger drag is crazy. didn't the old one have like a million pounds drag? lol

will look forward to any more feedback. thanks bnz

4. bnz

New drag ratings are 55 lbs and 66 lbs on the reels. Old reels had 33 lbs and 66 lbs of drag (depending on size of course). Drag on the new reels is definitely updated.

5. Ryan Dezwarte

Ryan Dezwarte New Member

spinning or conventional?

6. bnz

The latest news by Alan Hawk on the 2020 Saltigas:

"I have no feedback on the new Saltiga except that turning the handle gives me an instant stiffy"

7. Nayef246

Nayef246 New Member

i have some videos with my new saltiga 14000 -2020 you cam find it in my page on instagram (nayef_246)