Another Saltiga vs Stella thread.

Discussion in 'Reels' started by Nagrom, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Joda

Joda Well-Known Member

great review!!

tugasangler likes this.
  2. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Topper,what size Saltiga do you use 14000 ? and when you have fish on
    What reel feels better,great read.
    I know you have only couple reels but I have to ask:p

3. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

I have the 10000H, like I said in my post I love the 5.7 ratio and not the 6.2 so I always get the H ratio.

When I have fish on, the Saltiga feels better imo, it is much smoother and tighter.

tugasangler likes this.
  4. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Thank You Bud , I will get 14000H than,great information from "Tackle Ho"
    No need to check anymore.

5. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

I thought the H was the high gear

6. Joda

Joda Well-Known Member

didn’t know they make 14000H? Just XH. That would be good.

7. toppuntawong

No, XH stands for XtraHigh and its 6.2 while H stands for High and ratio of 5.7.

14000 only comes in XH, I have the 10000H with 14000 Spool.

Joda and tugasangler like this.
  8. toppuntawong

Just real time info from me, I really enjoy this reel, as much as I love Stella, I would never thought I would say it but Saltiga is better for sure for this year anyways.

semipro likes this.
  9. Joda

Joda Well-Known Member

That is a good idea, I have the 14xh and I want just a tad slower for more torque, the 10k is a good idea to swap.

10. camwalsh7

camwalsh7 New Member

I read and read forums and reviews on both trying to make a decision. Went into a tackle store & handled both. The saltiga was smooth as butter & felt bombproof. The Stella was clanking (gear lash) as I rotated the handle and felt somewhat cheap. To be honest, My twin power felt better. Shimano has better service but even the guys in the store agreed- they seem to be constantly lowering their quality in the stellas. I’m a shimano guy but the Saltiga felt superior enough that l bought it without hesitation- hence the longer and pricier service. 18000H for Northeast BFT / YFT and it’s a beast.

InshoreSlayer84 likes this.
  11. schred86

schred86 New Member

I agree with camwalsh. I put a hurting on my gosa 10k a few weeks ago with a 63” bluefin and a 2hr fight. That made me look in saltiga and stella. After playing with both, the saltiga just felt like a $1,000 reel when the stella just felt cheaper. I wound up getting the 14000xh. Cant wait to put it to good use

12. camwalsh7

camwalsh7 New Member

Don’t mean to bump this thread- just adding something for a prospective buyer.

it appears the service may not be an issue under normal circumstances.

just stumbled across this on Daiwa’a website:

FREE 5 Year Clean and Service for original owner with proof of purchase

o Reels being cleaned and serviced will be shipped back in a special Saltiga signature bag within 1 Business Day upon arrival to our Daiwa Service Department

o FREE expedited return shipping (2nd Day Air or Priority Mail)

o If the damage is determined to be excessive upon inspection, (missing parts, accidental damage, misuse, inadequate care) we will contact you with a price estimate before starting any work.”

jshorty, semipro and jiggingnut like this.