Another great day in the books

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Anuvat, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

We had a great morning with fish busting in hundreds of different pods. We pull up to one of these pods and everyone starts to cast. I'm in the last position on the right side of the boat near the engine and made the last cast towards the outskirt of the breaking fish. I look over and see Chip come tight so a made 3 twitches on the Brabus that was attached to the 18k which was attached to the Tokara60 and BAM I too had my reel singing. Chip hands the rod over to Topper which fought it for all but 3 seconds before it came unbutton. I gave my rod a few extra set to make sure my fish stays on then cranked the drag up to about 30lbs. The fish took line but not much and I broke it's will early on. I settled in and gave it steady pumps and before I knew it we had color. It started it's circles when Chip misses the gaff shot and I thought to myself "oh boy, now it's really pissed" so I followed the fish around the boat to the other side of the bow and pumped him back up for Chip to finish the job. An extra gaff and the deck was bloodied. They said it took about 3 minutes but I think it was more like 5 minutes. It came in at a fat 66".

After that my buddy Chai hooks up and fought it for 15 minutes before handing it off to my cousin George to finish the job on the 60" fish which was successfully released boat side.

We went 2 for 4 by 8am. The fog set in and the day was never the same. Chip kept on trying to get us on more fish even it the fog. We found more fish in smaller pods but they wouldn't take anything that we had. We saw fish in the 30"range, 40" range, 50" and 60" and quite a few VW sizes. All in all a great day. Thank you Capt. Chip!

Here are some pics, I wish I wasn't such a wimp, wanted a gill lifting shot but couldn't pull it off. Back to the hammer curls I guess;-)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

some more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gman

gman Senior Member

F*** AWESOME BRO!!!!! Couldnt have happened to better guys. I will have a love the blood shots. Im heading out tomorrow way to represent the JIGstrong Crew. Call me tonight when things settle down

Great shot of topper BTW

4. gman

gman Senior Member

was that a pink smith baby runboh and do you have my tuna blocks hahahaha Im out LOL

5. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

was that a pink smith baby runboh and do you have my tuna blocks hahahaha Im out LOL

Thanks bro. No, that was a pink Dorado slider. Topper is a great angler with pin point accuracy, it sucks that he didn't get no tuna love on this trip. It will only bring him back with vengence the next time!

Go get 'em bro, you also deserve a big fish this week!LOL. Call you tonight.

6. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Awesome - Anuvat

7. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Wow, awesome shots and some awesome fishing!! Congrats!

8. gman

gman Senior Member

Awesome - Anuvat

Thank you thats his new nickname ... Double A for awesome anuvat hahahahah

9. north coast

north coast Senior Member

Damn ,now you went and made me hungry. Nice fish.

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

nicely done guys

11. JFLORES

JFLORES Senior Member

Andy,

Awesome stuff, its to bad the fog rolled in:(

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

AA,

Nice fish. Who sold you my recipe?

Attached Files:

13. masonboro

masonboro Senior Member

Good to see the "JIGSTRONG" term again.
    Excellent report and "Good Job" Chip!!!

14. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

nice job guys.

mrbill thats hilarious lol

15. gman

gman Senior Member

Good to see the "JIGSTRONG" term again.
    Excellent report and "Good Job" Chip!!!

JIGstrong is officially in full effect now

16. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

damn andy im going to have to rob your house just a taste of that toro...dont worry the valuables will still be there...just the toro will be gone

17. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

F*** AWESOME BRO!!!!! Couldnt have happened to better guys. I will have a love the blood shots. Im heading out tomorrow way to represent the JIGstrong Crew. Call me tonight when things settle down

Great shot of topper BTW

I should have hook the F**KING whale...since I didn't get a TOONAAH...I wonder how the fight would be...hahaha :D :D :D

18. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

beautiful pics! excellent report.

19. silver335

silver335 Senior Member

Congrats my brothas, way to represent the JIGstrong crew. I hope to get a chance to fish with you guys soon. Topper you time will come young grasshopper. Wish i was with you guys.. Congrats again

20. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I should have hook the F**KING whale...since I didn't get a TOONAAH...I wonder how the fight would be...hahaha :D :D :D

hey Topper! don't worry man, you'll get them 3x strong next time! :D