And you thought jigging rods are expensive

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by JFLORES, Apr 11, 2009.

1. JFLORES

JFLORES Senior Member

[​IMG]

Check out this Daiwa rod, its only $10,606.05 i ordered two of them:p

2. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

JDM model heh? Im sure they would do well over here too in the states!
    haha....just kidding

3. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Mr Bill probably has 2..................

4. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

wtf!!! wonder who would spend that kinda of money on a single rod??? thats insane!!! does it come wit a warranty?

5. Billy 40

Billy 40 Senior Member

I dont' know what that rod is for, but in Japan they do somethign called Ayu fishing, and the rods are extremely expensive as well. If you think Fly fishermen are a little bit absurd, Ayu fishing blows them away.

What is AYU fishing?

I had a LOT of spare time at work.

6. miles

miles Senior Member

Hiya

Read the link. I understand the idea, just one question.......HOW do you catch the FIRST ayu fish to use as 'bait'??:D :D :D

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Hiya

Read the link. I understand the idea, just one question.......HOW do you catch the FIRST ayu fish to use as 'bait'??:D :D :D
    They use lures to catch the first ayu, but they usually buy a live ayu at tackle shops or borrow from fellow ayu fishermen as catching ayu with lure is very difficult. Ayu fishing is very popular in Janan and Korea. As they use live ayu to catch another ayu, they call ayu fishing " Tomo-zuri". Tomo means friend and zuri means fishing.

8. miles

miles Senior Member

Slightly off topic. The spearfisherman in the Mediteranean hunt a fish called DENTEX, which is also incredabily difficult to spear. They also buy a Dentex from the fish market and attach it to their speargun. When other Dentex see's their brethren, they come in to investigate and BANG!!:D :D Same concept, appealing to the fish's territorial behave or curiosity.

9. JFLORES

JFLORES Senior Member

I dont' know what that rod is for, but in Japan they do somethign called Ayu fishing, and the rods are extremely expensive as well. If you think Fly fishermen are a little bit absurd, Ayu fishing blows them away.

What is AYU fishing?

I had a LOT of spare time at work.

The rod is used for carp fishing.

10. RoyBoy

RoyBoy Member

Whew.......Kil.....WOW. That is BEEEEG BUCKS! Miles? you back in CTN round about now......Will give Ryan a call tomorrow, need YFT! Are you going out on Dr Fish this weekend? Cheers, RB