Ambergris Caye, belize

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jt2hunt, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

my buddy has a house i can go down and stay in anytime. trying to find out about any charter captain advice on who to use, etc.

thanks

2. Jrzrider83

Jrzrider83 Senior Member

If you are looking for flats fishing i would reccomend Abbie Marin. he has a company called "Go Fish Belize" that he runs with his father Carlos Marin. i fished with him last april and he was spot on. caught bone fish, permit, jacks, cuda's, reef fish and jumped a tarpon. almost all on the fly. he also does inshore reef and offshore fishing as well but i did not persue that route.
    let me know if you want any more info.

3. longgar

longgar Moderator

I am so envious.. I love Belize. I have fished and dove with an outfit called Capt. Rons. I didn't really think the fishing was worth the money with them (reef fishing). The diving was a great experience and I loved the crew there. (Mr. Big and Chet) In all fairness, I think they just call someone in to take you fishing and it isn't their bread and butter. The are right in front of the new Phoenix condos.

Not much help I know, but, maybe you can avoid them for your fishing needs.

4. obtuseangler

obtuseangler Junior member

I fished with Severo Guerrero ,two years in a row. He has both a flats skiff for skinny water and a panga for reef fishing and has fished these waters all his life.

If you want a quiet guy that will put you on fish, he's your man

you can contact him at email [email protected]