Almost done.

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Warden, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Warden

Warden Guest

Calstar 765L, 765ML or 7465L, which blank would be best for mostly 60 lb maybe some 50 lb jigging/bait setup (YT & Cabrilla). Also, will any of these cast worth a crap? I think the 765L might be too light. It will have a hx with 80 spec/60 mono on it.

2. Warden

Warden Guest

you guys are no help

3. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Contact Calstar they know everything about their rods.

I have some calstar bass rods, but nothing offshore.

4. rhale

rhale Senior Member

I have not used any of the above blanks but I did build a rod on a GF760L ( should be about the same as 765L but shorter ) and put an HX on it. It has a very flexible tip section and not a huge amount of backbone but it does cast OK and will handle all the drag the HX has.
    If I did it over I would get the M not the L just for a little more backbone.

Overall I like the blank and all the Calstar blanks that I own. Hope this helps.

5. Warden

Warden Guest

Thanks I'll contact Calstar.

6. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Calstar 765L, 765ML or 7465L, which blank would be best for mostly 60 lb maybe some 50 lb jigging/bait setup (YT & Cabrilla). Also, will any of these cast worth a crap? I think the 765L might be too light. It will have a hx with 80 spec/60 mono on it.

I would suggest the 765ML for a 50-60# stick and the 765M for more of a true 60# (20# of drag) work.