All out Tuna Blitz on Cape Cod Monday

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Black Rose, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Black Rose

Black Rose Site Sponsor

I don't know how to say it, but this was incredible. It started out as a 6 hour striper trip and ended up with a fat tuna on the deck. At one point, we had an acre of fish out of the water at one time next to the boat! I'll have the video up on my site soon. (Tuesday). What an incredible day. Thanks to Dom for telling me to screw the stripers. Thanks to OTI for making the 8'6" Tuna Sniper rod. It is incredible. We used the 60-80 and 40-60 today and casting was a breeze. And fighting a fish...my customer's smile is burned into his face.

Casting and popping was the way to go today; trollers just got teased. Single hooks...they hook and hold. We did, however, lose our first fish as a tuna spit the hook after a 10 minute battle. That very rarely happens with my tunaCandy hooks. Plus, I love the single hooks...

Great day on the water and it felt like summer!
    Rich Antonino, Black Rose Fishing Charters

2. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

okay, now we are all very interested!! Welcome to the post, can't wait to see the video.

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Rich, Yes, tuna were everywhere. We hooked up a 64" tuna at 6:30 am and landed at 6:50 am and went whale watching. :)
    Pametfisher caught and released 68.5" tuna by 7:30 am and he said he is done and go for breakfast. :)

4. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

Very nice Capt. Rich!

5. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Very nice Capt. Rich!

Topper lets go...
    i cant hold out any longer with all these reports!

6. Black Rose

Black Rose Site Sponsor

Video should be up in moments. Addicted to tuna, I am. I miss codfishing, though! It's not nearly as exciting, but it's still fun. You don't get as sore or have the persistent images in your brain....

7. fishingeek

fishingeek Senior Member

Nice work.....Capt Rich!!! Good to see you on here:)

8. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

Topper lets go...
    i cant hold out any longer with all these reports!

I am going Enoch...:D :D :D

9. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Damn it I knew if I blew off my plan to go on Monday it would go off big time and it did. That is the last time I am doing that. Next time come hell or high water I will be on the water fishing.