360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

All/Foul Weather outfit

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  peterk814 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I need some recommendations on what you guys use for overnighters in terms of All Weather wear and non-slip boots. As I see more and more of the pictures you guys are posting of your Tuna catches, all that wetness and blood on deck in heavy seas can prove to be very dangerous and slippery. Any suggestions on what I should look at that's not cumbersome and heavy, maybe even slightly breathable? Thanks!

LH

#3 ·
these are what I have:

Columbia Titanium : soft shell/micro fleece pant, BassPro carry this ,
one of the best pant I've found, can be wet and still keep you warm and
is wind proof

West Marine foul weather bib(Goretex) / Cabelas Goretex bib
down jacket for warmth
West Marine foul weather Parka or Cabelas Goretex Parka (Guide Series)

UnderArmour long sleeve

G
#4 ·
gortex is not waterproof. not at all in fact. ask glenn about when he wore his gortex in NC.....

if its light spray in warm weather then gortex is fine. if its cold (under 50 degrees) and you get wet at all - your day is over. you need to stay 100% dry if it is cold out.

#5 ·
gortex is not waterproof. not at all in fact. ask glenn about when he wore his gortex in NC.....

if its light spray in warm weather then gortex is fine. if its cold (under 50 degrees) and you get wet at all - your day is over. you need to stay 100% dry if it is cold out.

you're right, but the best Goretex are waterproof to certain extent of use,
you still have to spray some silicone on the outside. A $100 BassPro
Goretex does not have the same waterproofing as a $300 Cabelas Goretex
suit. I can prove this cause I have both.

I like Goretex for its breathability. Rubber suits are waterproof but
if you exert yourself trying to land a fish you're wet from the inside out
and that's harder to dry out,

#6 ·
Goretex is not waterproof it is water resistant. two very different things.

Stick the grundens, all the look alikelike carhartt rain gear etc are crap. guy cotten is good too. Xtratuf insulated boots for the winter and non insulated for summers.

I wear hurkules bibs, and i have a few different tops such as the sund jacket for the winter and petrus shirt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.