aftermarket 9500 handle

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by etan, Oct 24, 2007.

1. etan

etan Senior Member

Where can I get one for my Penn 9500? Don't want to spend the money for a Stella just want to upgrade the Penn. Thanks!

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

nate, those have been hard to find. I havent looked in a while, but I ordered mine from a site overseas.. I will see if I can find it.. seems like it took me forever to find that guy...

3. tunacrazy

tunacrazy Senior Member

etan, studio ocean mark make a handle for the Penns but quite expensive, can be seen Angler's Pro Shop web site, good luck finding what your looking for. If you find something that you like, post it,we too use Penns Bruce

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Nate, If you talk to Stickbom(mike) over on deepjigging.com
    (I think He's here, too) he can hook you up, but be prepared.
    I was gonna go that route & I think he said those killer handles
    cost about $150 us, plus shp from asia. mine is now for sale,
    & I've bought another Cabo to replace it. just couldn't justify
    having $300+ in a used Penn spinner, when I could buy better for less
    just my opinion, though
    tight lines
    -Brian

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

6. etan

etan Senior Member

Holy cow! I just wanted a different handle, not buy a new reel. Thats way too much for me. I'm just too tight! I'll just stick with what I have. Thanks for the responses. What washers do I need to upgrade the drag?

7. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

Holy cow! I just wanted a different handle, not buy a new reel. Thats way too much for me. I'm just too tight! I'll just stick with what I have. Thanks for the responses. What washers do I need to upgrade the drag?

As tight as you are, you must own some duct tape. Just put some around your finger and push on the spool. That's a real cheap way of increasing drag pressure. Also, very cheap.:D

Etan,
    Just joking with you. We all have our pet pees about being cheap. I will not ever buy a cup of coffee from Starbucks. Never have, never will. Too expensive.

8. etan

etan Senior Member

I agree about Starbucks! I'm the same way about bottled water, for that price I might as well drink beer. For the price of that handle I'd rather just buy another reel.