Accurate

Discussion in 'Reels' started by pounder21366, May 27, 2008.

1. pounder21366

pounder21366 Member

Can anyone tell me if the Accurate B-665WC has a clicker? Also, are there other handles available? I Don't like the ball handle. Thanks, Chuck.

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

it should............do you not see one on the left side?

you can send it to accurate for an atd handle, or get a power bar, or a jigging master handle. the power bars are available at Angler's Pro Shop. i dont remember where JM handles are available

3. pounder21366

pounder21366 Member

I don't have one yet, but am considering getting one if it has a clicker.

4. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

Who would know better than Accurate? Give 'em a chance...
    Let us know the results..

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

oh, well then i cant imagine it not having a clicker. all ive seen have one

6. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

First off, I would highly suggest you consider the B2-665W over the
    B-665WC. For a little more, the two speeds will come in very handy down the road. The B2-665W does have a clicker.

Yes, the little golf ball knob sucks.
    If all of haters of the whiffle ball knob saved them for a few years, we could lower them down to the bottom and make a nice artificial reef for bottom dwellers. I now have 7 of them sitting in a glass jar.

7. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

As MrBill says, they all have clickers, but I have now had 4 665 reels and their clickers have all been wierd in one way or another. The first one seemed fine but I never tested it with any drag--it was a single sped. All the rest were 2-speeds. I pulled 35 pounds plus on the second one and something went horribly wrong inside. I returned it to Accurate and they replaced it--I will never know what happened, but at one point Matt said he suspected a washer had popped off the clicker. In any case, the clicker no longer "clicked". Rather, it sort of groaned and then wheezed and then went silent. The third did not shatter inside, but whenever I cranked the drag to 25 pounds at full and reeled with the clicker engaged, it changed frequency and sort of did the groaning, grinding sound that had prefaced the painful death of its predecessor. I sent it back. I waited a long time to replace it hoping to get a later serial number. I got an early one again. When I pull 25 pounds on it, the clicker definitely sounds a little wierd, but not intolerbly so.

So yes, the reel has a clicker and although I cannot claim it in many areas, I think I may be the foremost authority on the 665 clicker on Planet Earth. :p

Having *****ed about the reel once again, let me add that if I were looking for a reel this size, I would buy the 665 and yes, I would spring for the 2-speed.

Russ

8. BIGFISH4YOU

BIGFISH4YOU Guest

I ORDER THE CUSTOM HANDLES FROM ANGLERS PRO SHOP AND HAVE THEM ON ALL MY REELS....75.00 BUCKS AND I LOVE THEM...THEY SHIPED HERE TO ALASKA FROM N.Y IN THREE DAYS....