360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys like using the regular Accurate 665 or the narrow version reel for jigging? Do you guys have problems guiding the line back to your spool without having it bunch up to one end of the spool? Any tips to make it easier? Im a newbie and trying to work out the kinks.

·
SPONSOR
11,834 Posts
Do you guys like using the regular Accurate 665 or the narrow version reel for jigging? Do you guys have problems guiding the line back to your spool without having it bunch up to one end of the spool? Any tips to make it easier? Im a newbie and trying to work out the kinks.
As long as line capacity is not a concern, go with narrower spool for jigging.

·
5,457 Posts

I have a 665 and only spool it to 85-90% capacity. this allows me to not worry about the line lay while speed jigging. for slow/ yo-yo jigging i keep the line lay smooth. I also do this with my OJ 5000

d-a

·
28 Posts
I use the Accurate 665 XNC for jigging. X=6:1; N=Narrow. IMO the narrow makes it much easier. I was initially concerned about capacity but I have 400 yards 65# powerpro.

·
886 Posts
I have the B2-665 and B2-665N. There's no problem laying the line when jigging. On hookups with larger fish, I concentrate on bringing the fish within gaff range and don't worry about the line :D . d-a is right, spool the reel about 90% full and you'll be fine.

The 665N sits on an OTI 300g jigging rod - makes a light yet powerful combo :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts