Accurate pliers

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by txcards, Jul 9, 2009.

1. txcards

txcards Senior Member

I was pondering buying a pair of accurate pliers as I don't like using my shimano baysteels for cutting and tightening knots. I was wondering how everyone liked them and what size they have. There are 8", 7", and 6" pliers now. A little feedback would really be appreciated. I couldn't find much about them in the past.....Thanks fellas!

2. AllTideup

AllTideup Junior member

The Accurates are great! Get the size that fits your hand the most comfortably. I've got big hands so the 8's are my choice

3. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

I got the 7" and love them. You can even get some split ring jaws for them. I've never had any problems with them and after 2 years I'm still using the same cutter granted that I don't cut much steel wire.

4. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

txcards, PM sent.

5. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

i got the 7 inch pliers. i love them. the cutters work fantastic on even the lightest braids. i put the split ring jaws on them and works great for large split rings. what i like about it is that you can use them for split rings, tightening knots, and removing hooks. makes for a very versatile plier

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

greg theyre really nice. also check out the browning pliers. heavier, yes...but theyre $50 and don't rust. Raza had some in panama and i was impressed.

7. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

greg theyre really nice. also check out the browning pliers. heavier, yes...but theyre $50 and don't rust. Raza had some in panama and i was impressed.
    bret- i have the browning pliers. i dont like them. the cutter is ok but the titanium finish does rust. and the jaws dont grip that well

8. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

hm, interesting. they worked great down there but i didnt use them other than on that trip.

9. jig

jig Senior Member

The brownings are on sale at BPS often for $29.99. Hard to beat that, although they are too heavy. Anybody use the BPS XPS aluminum pliers?

10. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

I have the small ones Accurate 6" - my hands are not that small but I like the little ones as they don't weight much of anything, I can put them in shirt pocket if needed.

The HPA pliers are an interesting twist with a very powerful set of split ring jaws.