360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pondering buying a pair of accurate pliers as I don't like using my shimano baysteels for cutting and tightening knots. I was wondering how everyone liked them and what size they have. There are 8", 7", and 6" pliers now. A little feedback would really be appreciated. I couldn't find much about them in the past.....Thanks fellas!

·
27 Posts
The Accurates are great! Get the size that fits your hand the most comfortably. I've got big hands so the 8's are my choice

·
686 Posts
I got the 7" and love them. You can even get some split ring jaws for them. I've never had any problems with them and after 2 years I'm still using the same cutter granted that I don't cut much steel wire.

·
1,553 Posts
i got the 7 inch pliers. i love them. the cutters work fantastic on even the lightest braids. i put the split ring jaws on them and works great for large split rings. what i like about it is that you can use them for split rings, tightening knots, and removing hooks. makes for a very versatile plier

G

·
greg theyre really nice. also check out the browning pliers. heavier, yes...but theyre $50 and don't rust. Raza had some in panama and i was impressed.

·
1,553 Posts
greg theyre really nice. also check out the browning pliers. heavier, yes...but theyre $50 and don't rust. Raza had some in panama and i was impressed.
bret- i have the browning pliers. i dont like them. the cutter is ok but the titanium finish does rust. and the jaws dont grip that well

·
1,321 Posts
The brownings are on sale at BPS often for $29.99. Hard to beat that, although they are too heavy. Anybody use the BPS XPS aluminum pliers?

·
Site Sponsor
3,887 Posts
I have the small ones Accurate 6" - my hands are not that small but I like the little ones as they don't weight much of anything, I can put them in shirt pocket if needed.

The HPA pliers are an interesting twist with a very powerful set of split ring jaws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts