Accurate/JM500 Combo

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Ricochet001, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Ricochet001

Ricochet001 Junior member

JM500 with Accurate BX2-600

2. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Wait until I test the setup for marlin trolling in Panama next week. :)
    Nomad video encouraged me to add Heru Wahoo or Ulua stickbait for marlin.
    If the setup work for 400 - 500 lba marlin,it should work for 150 - 250 lbs bluefin. I use acid wrapped rod as I know it reduces wobbling movement of reels, but when you use harness, there is not much difference whether you use acid wrapped rod or conventional rod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you see in the picture, JM rod's butt section is shorter than most Japanese jigging rods which gives more leverage to fishermen when fighting big tuna.

[​IMG]

3. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Does butt length really matter for leverage or does leverage just depend on where your upper hand is placed? I ask because I have begun making rods and I have been using my theory that longer handle helps with casting, but the upper hand position matters for leverage. I am one that doesn't like a long butt for jigging as I always have some type of harness.

4. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Kil - How long is the butt section in the last pic? It looks like it could still fit under your arm nicely if needed. Does the JM spinner version have the same length grips?

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Does butt length really matter for leverage or does leverage just depend on where your upper hand is placed? I ask because I have begun making rods and I have been using my theory that longer handle helps with casting, but the upper hand position matters for leverage. I am one that doesn't like a long butt for jigging as I always have some type of harness.
    The reel position is impotant for the leverage. It it is too far from your body, you got to reel in with your arms with extended position.
    Japanese style jigging rod's butt can not be as short as tuna bait rods as they use the butt section under arm for jigging too.

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Kil - How long is the butt section in the last pic? It looks like it could still fit under your arm nicely if needed. Does the JM spinner version have the same length grips?

it fits under my arm fine while jigging, and i wear XXL shirts so i am not the smallest person out there. it is still plenty long...but noticeably shorter than a lot of other rods.

7. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Thanks Bret. Do you know if the spinning version is setup the same way with the grip lengths?

8. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i believe so but kil can tell you for sure. i didnt fish with the spinner.

here is a picture where you can get a better idea of the butt length when put under your arm

View attachment 5119

Attached Files:

9. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Reel seat postion of spinning is 1/2 inch higher than conventional and also the length of foregrip of spinning is 1/2 inch longer than conventional's.

10. marco

marco Member

another question from a starter here,
    distance is independ from person to person but the grip shape like they have by the customrod from JM like powerspell shape or torpedo shape or straight shape or slope shape is that important or is that more fancy
    and where can i find examples from these shape or what's the good one?
    thanks
    marc

11. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

another question from a starter here,
    distance is independ from person to person but the grip shape like they have by the customrod from JM like powerspell shape or torpedo shape or straight shape or slope shape is that important or is that more fancy
    and where can i find examples from these shape or what's the good one?
    thanks
    marc
    JM foregrip is nice, but you can choos any grip shape based on your preference. As I have small hands I prefer thinner grips.