Accurate BX2 400/500/600

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, May 10, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I finally got all three BX 400, 500 and 600.
    the size of BX2 400 is Boss 270, while the size of 500 and 600 is Boss 870 and 665 respectively.
    I weighed all three reels and it turned out to be about 23, 26 oz and 29 oz for 400, 500 and 600.
    The big difference between old Boss models and BX model is material used for internal parts. They used much stronger material for new BX models. I had my concern whether old Boss models were stronger enough for handling big tuna though I didn't experience any problem.

Other big improvement of new BX models are bigger size of gear switch button and handle from round knob to angled T-bar handle.

The reel have excellent free spool even in heavy drag. Binding probem on heavy drag is very common on small lever drag reels, but these reels have very little such a problem.

When they introduced 665/870 two-speed, there were lots of minor problems and many fishermen turned away from buying them because of those many minor problems.
    Good things about Accurate are they listen customers' complaints and advices and act quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see the bigger gear switch button of BX 400 ( Boss 270 size) compared to much smaller button of 665 two- speed.
    [​IMG]

Size comparision of BX 400 and 500 with Jigging Master PE4 reel. The size of PE4 reel is in between BX 400 and 500, but it weighs only 19.5 oz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

very very nice option from Accurate. Thanks for the post and size comparisons.

3. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Besides handles and names, are there any other differences than 870 and 665?

4. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

Thank you Mr. Kil Song!

5. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

I have all three models and love them all.

6. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Thanks for the info on the reels, Kil. Do you have prices yet?

7. laiben

laiben Junior member

Hi Ksong,

Is *true* left hand model available?

Thanks
    Ben

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Hi Ksong,

Is *true* left hand model available?

Thanks
    Ben
    Yes, I odered left hand BX2 600 reels already.

9. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

I'm a jigging fool.....and my BX2 600 reel is on its way....thanks for the great service, Kil.

10. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Senior Member

I was at Kil's store last night and picked up the BX2-600. It was my first time meeting Kil - what a great guy with a great tackle store! Kil was happy to show me around his shop and show me tackle I've never had to the chance to look at before. The shop definitly fills a unique void in the fishing tackle industry. When I pulled up to a large professional building at 560 sylvan ave I must admit I was somewhat confused but Kil met me out front and brought me to his secret tackle room lol. Now I understand why Kil wants customers to schedule by appointment - this is not your normal tackle store. Even though he had a birthday party to celebrate that night he still went out of his way to spend plenty of extra time showing me around. If anyone lives nearby or will ever be in the area I definitly recommend you pay Mr. Kil Song a visit at his store. I hope to be back again! Thanks Kil! I hope to get the chance to fish with you someday!

11. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

New shipment from Accurate is coming in a few days.
    One lefty BX2 600 is in the shipment. Let me know if anyone wants lefty BX2 600.

12. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I got lefty BX2 600 today. It feel akward to pull in the drag lever to increase drag.

[​IMG].