Accurate BV2-500N handle change.

Discussion in 'Reels' started by a1flyfishr, Oct 22, 2019.

1. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member

After taking off the the arm cap I need to remove the 2-speed button. Anyone know how to remove the 2-speed button so I can get the old arm off?

Benny.

F3148308-0ECD-449F-8CCC-B0E78CAE8B3E.jpeg

2. explorer

explorer Member

Upgrade handle = more torque = Stingray in trouble:eek:

tugasangler and a1flyfishr like this.

3. a1flyfishr

Got it!!! Had to remove the nut under that spring plate. That nut is actually the shaft for the 2-speed. When that nut is removed the 2-speed button and spring plate remain attached. When putting the nut (shaft) back it has to be lined up perfectly with the cap and screw holes to line up. Took a little time to figure out but it’s all in and working perfect.

Benny

4. Geebz42

Geebz42 Active Member

What do U guys think of the 300 and 400

5. a1flyfishr

Love all the Valiants. If you’re using the valiant for SPJ I would get the longer jigging handle direct from accurate. Also go with either the 300 or the 500N over the 400. I feel the 400 is to wide for SP jigging and you’ll need to pay attention keeping the line from bunching on one side.

Benny

6. Geebz42

Geebz42 Active Member

I’m from Miami so mostly pier or boat fishing looking to see which would do the job

7. a1flyfishr

Either one would be great but Depending on the depth and pound test, will determine which Reel is best.

8. bnz

bnz Just a guy who likes to fish

I was in a tackle store this past week and got to handle the valiants, Seigler, and maxel reels together. While the valiants are light I liked the feel of the maxels best, then the seigler LGN, both over the valiants myself. The LGN will give you more drag and $100 cheaper too, with lifetime warranty.

9. a1flyfishr

GB as with the info from the last two posts that should be enough advice to know that tackle is all a preference and there’s a huge variety choose from.

Benny