accurate Boss 665W-2 speed

Discussion in 'Reels' started by Minnow, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

I just changed the handle of 2 of my Accurate 665-2 SPEED with ATD handle.
    Absolutely love the new handle compare to the round handle.

Spooled it with OTI Depthfinder 60lb on the 665 narrow and 80lb on 665 wide.

Attached Files:

2. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

Minnow ,where do I purchase one?

3. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

I still have the 300 yds of OTI line in the color coded ft. I would like to put it on the 665 but dont know where it will wind up on the spool . Do I need some backing and how much? Gres

4. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Tj, is the 665w your bait or a jigging setup?

5. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

I still have the 300 yds of OTI line in the color coded ft. I would like to put it on the 665 but dont know where it will wind up on the spool . Do I need some backing and how much? Gres

Gres,

The 556 narrow will hold up to 550 yards of 60 lb OTI Depthfinder line, and the 665 Wide will hold up to 650 yards of 80lb OTI Depthfinder line.
    You will need backup braid for your 300 yardss of Depthfinder line.
    Btw, I ordered those handles from Accurate direct.

LEXPRO,

It's the Wide reel is my multi purpose setup, 665 narrow is my jigging set up.

6. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Gres,

The only way I have found to do that accurately (pardon the pun) is to put the colored line on first, fill the reel with the backing, unload the reel to a empty spool (use a variable speed a drill with an all-thead to hold the spool), transfer the line to another spool (this switches the ends that are loaded first) and finally crank the line back on the reel. Just make sure you keep some tension on the line while doing all the transfers.

7. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

Thanks for the info.---gres

8. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Man, I bet Gres will be calling me to spool that Accurate with spectra. Gotta return favors, but I have a second stella 20K that will need help spooling.

Scott