ACCURATE 665 W 2SPEED (JUNK)

Discussion in 'Reels' started by longgar, Sep 8, 2008.

1. longgar

longgar Moderator

I feel bad for posting "(JUNK)". I was a little peeved. Accurate has done right by me. Thanks Matt and Accurate for your continued support! Any company that comes on a fishing forum and leaves their direct contact info and tells people to send in their reels, is more than a great company. Thanks again!

2. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Sorry to hear that and hope accurate fixes your reel.

3. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Well, you're more patient than I am: I owned both of my 2-speed Boss reels less than 48 hours after their first time fishing and seizing up - off to eBay they went! Surf a few different fishing boards, these incidents are not nearly as isolated as they should be.

4. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

I also had problem with my B2-870N. After talking to Matt regarding to the damaged spool caused by bad designed, I sent the reel back to accurate. They told me that its also has some other problems. They send me back with a new ones. However, when I received, i realized it was a refurbished reel. I sent it badk and told them to replace with different reel b2-665NN. I received new reel within a week. They have the best service for me so far. I hope my new B2-665NN will last a bit longer.

5. clalo20

clalo20 Junior member

I had a little issue with my b2-665NN and the guys at accurate solved it immediately. Their service is great and no matter the problem you had with the reel you will feel well taken care of by them.

Congrats on your great service Ben, Matt, Ally, Jose and all the guys at accurate.

Carlos

6. 6x6

6x6 Guest

655 N junk , Fished 2 52hr trips BROKEN ON BOTH TRIPS. I WOULD RATHER FISH WITH A ZEBCO 202 THAN ANY REEL ACCURATE MAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. stresst

stresst Senior Member

I must say I have a few accurates and never had a problem. I called and picked Matt's brain so many times before I bought each one and you know what he stayed on the phone with me so long I had to get him off the line!-LOL I cant believe he still answeres my calls! He is always there when I need him!-Angelo

8. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

stresst: That has always been my experience with Matt--very helpful. I just wish he would (or could) have followed up on my request to inform me what was wrong with the first piece of crap 665 I had to send back. In reliance on Accurate's good reputation, I bought two more--which I never would now, and probably would not have had they been open about what my problem was.

Cialo20: I have no doubt that was your experience. And I too have been satisfied with some of Accurates service--that having been said, I do not agree that (for me) "...no matter the problem you had with the reel you will feel well taken care of by them..."

6X6: I agree on the 665, but I think you are going as much overboard as Cialo20, but in the opposite direction. :) Not all their reels are crap--in fact, I and a lot of others consider the ATD s and the Twinspins to be the finest reels in their class--period.

Russ

9. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

I and a lot of others consider the ATD s and the Twinspins to be the finest reels in their class--period.

Russ

Russ,

You might ask SeaCrappie Lomax what he thinks about his Twinspin. After an epic battle with a very large Yellowfin on TBB-08, the drag seized on his Twinspin and ended the battle. Plain and simple reel failure.

10. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Accurate makes a good products especially their ATD series. The Boss and Twinspin series are good but there are bugs that need to be fix. JMO

Accurate has always been known for their customer service.

11. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Formula4fish: I stand corrected and understood on the Twinspins--all of my real heavy fishing has been with the ATD series and I have admittedly not put my Twinspins to the test yet. So later on....who knows?

Russ

12. tehtuna

tehtuna Junior member

You guys need to quit whining so much. They work very hard to satisfy customers and make a good product. Just because you had a lemon doesn't mean you need to go on internet and say their product is "junk". There have been enough big fish caught with their products to prove you otherwise. Call them and tell them what happened and I'm sure they will do their best to accommodate you. Something else you need to realize is they are still a fairly new and small company. Shimano's USA headquarters is larger than their entire facility. Your argument is just as ignorant as saying a Trinidad is a junk reel because you had an anti-reverse failure. Deal with it. Don't be a baby.

13. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I don't really have a problem with accurates but from what I've seen they have the most issue reel on the boards.

14. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

I've seen more broke 665W threads than I have ever seen from shimano to Avet. That should tell you something right there

15. jig

jig Senior Member

I don't know that it's whining to complain that your brand new $600 reel broke after two fish, and after sending it to the factory it came back still not working. I have one, and love it so far, but I have to agree I am hearing far more complaining about this reel than I have heard about any other in a long time. Considering what a small part of the population the reel is, that doesn't look good. A $600 reel from a factory that is normally considered tops with this many bad reports is not just Accuarate bashing IMO. I think there is more to it.

16. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

You guys need to quit whining so much.

Let me see if I understand this correctly: a person (a whole schittload actually) have issues with a given reel, they report that online, and now they are considered whining?!

I've sent quite a number of ATD's and Boss's back for issues. Funny, my Shimano's work, and work, and work. No problems at all.

Me whine?, no. But I'm not about to keep quiet about reels that cost a bundle and have problems.

17. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

Your argument is just as ignorant as saying a Trinidad is a junk reel because you had an anti-reverse failure. Deal with it. Don't be a baby.

Not many of us have the cash flow to go through multiple $500 to $600 reels every year. Thats why we spend countless hours reading and learning about our equipment before making a purchase. I own a few Accurate reels myself and hoping that they won't fail because I still love them. If they do fail, then I will do the same as Gary and let it be known. Just the fact of dumping that kind of cash on a so-call top of the line reel and having to worry about it failing is not good. I also owned a Trinidad 40 before and if it did fail, I would be posting my report about the failure. If I got it repaired and it failed a second time. My next report would be consist of as you would call it (whining). Anyone on this forum have the right to say what ever they want about any equipment and that includes you too. It's just their opinion and it has nothing to do with ignorance. BEWARE of who you insult on this forum because one day they might be on the same boat as you and bring a big box of BANANAS to ruin it for everyone!

Bao

18. gman

gman Senior Member

You guys need to quit whining so much. They work very hard to satisfy customers and make a good product. Just because you had a lemon doesn't mean you need to go on internet and say their product is "junk". There have been enough big fish caught with their products to prove you otherwise. Call them and tell them what happened and I'm sure they will do their best to accommodate you. Something else you need to realize is they are still a fairly new and small company. Shimano's USA headquarters is larger than their entire facility. Your argument is just as ignorant as saying a Trinidad is a junk reel because you had an anti-reverse failure. Deal with it. Don't be a baby.

I stayed quite on this one until now, I actually had one of the first 665's made and I replaced my whole line up of Shimano's. If you frequent any of the major boards you will realize that there are a tremendous amount of people with the same issues.

Its not whining at all, its a brotherhood of anglers that try to educate people on issues so you dont make the same mistake who wants a reel that has bugs years after it was released

I loved my 665 2 speeds, I had 3 of them and while everyone else was complaining about issues I stayed on course because mine work flawlessly until recently 2 of them went to chit. Sent them back, got no description of what was done they just returned my reels in a cardboard box and the only difference is now I cant even turn the handle on them, it was like they didn't QC them before they left. They are going back for a second time now.

Thank god my sons black one is fine. When I called regarding the other two I was basically told they had to replace gears, bearings and the two speed. Doesnt sound to pretty this far into the game.

I would however state that up until recently the customer service there was great but they do seem a little behind as of late

19. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

tehtuna: I don't agree with folks like gman and Bao and Mitch, and Jig and purevl, and hatidua and...but you get the picture. They probably think you are being demeaning and patronizing and pedantic and authoritarian and any number of other words I could help you look up in dictionary. But not me!

My own feeling is that I am getting down on my knees and thanking God Almighty that in His wisdom, HE sent you to cure me of my "whining." It's like the guy who used to get slapped on the face in the old commercials and he says: "Thanks, I needed that!" Hell, tehtuna, these other guys don't realize how some folks (for example, yourself) have the ability to determine what someone else's experiences are without knowing a damned thing about them. Some folks are telepathic and some are not. But I for one support you one-hundred percent and intend to quit whining immediately. All I needed was someone smarter than myself to set me straight!

I agree with you that the standard of quality to which a company is held, should not be proportional to the prices they charge but instead, should be directly proportional to how hard they try and inversely proportional to the size of their factory. Nor should they be required to explain anything to someone as dull-witted as I am--merely because I have spent at least $10,000.00 on their products.

So in closing, I want to thank you for having the courage to state your opinion in an extremely offensive manner in order to get over to people less intelligent than yourself, a point which you ascertained in the absence of any personal knowledge. Cheers.

Russ

20. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Nicely put Uncle Russ. Not having owned an accurate I cant say first hand anything about them, but when you have one specific model or line of reels that has had the substantial amount of issues with so many people using them, it tends to throw some red flags. To sit there and call them ignorant and whining babies? I believe that is just a tad outta line. This is a fishing community I must ask why do you feel it appropriate to come here and disrupt that. If I were to judge i would say you whining your the baby and belive that maybe you should go somewhere else. unless your willing to start being a positive cotributing member.