accurate 2speed

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by LEXPRO, Sep 8, 2008.

1. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

My 2speed boss reels seem very sensitive and change gears easily. Seems like if you breathe on the button on the side of the arm it switches to high gear. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

2. longgar

longgar Moderator

SEND IT BACK TO ACCURATE. THEY WILL SUPOSEDLY UPGRADE THE INTERNALS.. SEEMS TO BE A KNOWN ISSUE BUT READ MY POST BELOW.....

I will keep it short..

I want it to be known that I am very disapointed with the "Accurate" 665 W 2speed, and the "Accurate" service.

New Reel.. 2 Yellowfin Tunas caught and the reel broke (Deck hand free-lined the last yellowfin in). Good Job Josh (Big-E)!

I called "Accurate" and talked to Ally / sent the reel in.

I got the reel back 2 weeks later.

I put the reel on rod and then realized the reel will not retrieve line in high speed and sometimes in low speed.

I call Ally at "Accurate" and I am sending it in again.

Maybe they should call themselves "In-Accurate" or possibly "Un-Dependable".

-Gary

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

My 2speed boss reels seem very sensitive and change gears easily. Seems like if you breathe on the button on the side of the arm it switches to high gear. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

I think if you put a stronger spring in the mechanism that controls that button it will hold better. I notice if you put 665 in low gear and crank fast it will pop into high gear. A stronger spring will help it from popping into high gear.

4. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

I had this problem when I first got B2-665. I took the shifting mechanism apart and found that the washer that held the spring in place was not installed correctly. I will take some pictures if I ever get my reels back from Accurate.

5. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

A few comments:

I too am sorry for folks' problems. I know when I said that Drifter and I had had problems with 3 out of 4 665 s (I hadn't even fished with mine!!!!!) over a year ago a couple of folks (not on this board, mind you) acted like the old man might be losing it.) So at least if I'm senile, this was not evidence of it. :)

There have been multiple problems--broken gears, weak springs, increasing drag, slipping drag buttons. I understand the Accurate products are good--I buy them. But to speak plainly, with all due respect, this reel is a piece of shit. Why, you may ask? Every new product has some "issues." Bullshit! :mad: :mad: :mad: Any time you are tempted to feel bad for poor Accurate, just take a look at the price tag on the 665 you bought.

These folks make aircraft parts. I sure hope if I ever ride on a plane made of their parts, that they were designed by the ATD or Twinspin group and not the (and I say this, again, with deep respect, :cool: ) yahoos who put together the 665 products.

"Mayday, Mayday, Mayday, I say again, Mayday!!!!! The spring on our 777 stick is too weak and a gear broke on the flaps. We're going in...going in....going..."

...splat.

What's a Mother to do?

Russ

Russ

6. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

LMFAO! hahah that was great UR :)

7. alantani

alantani Senior Member

there are two screws that hold down the cover for the two-speed shifter. try backing off each screw about a quarter turn, then add a drop of a high quality lube (like corrosion x) into the mechanism. that should take care of your problem. please let me know how this works. thanks! alan

8. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

Are most problems with 2 speeds?
    Are the single speeds reliable?