A few to play with!

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by a1flyfishr, Sep 8, 2020.

1. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

The mask rule has just been lifted. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get a day on the water and give these DeepLiner OVO jigs a try.

406CB06B-3EAD-456C-AE39-CA3CD77E28BC.jpeg

Benny

jshorty, bnz and explorer like this.
  2. Colton Weber

Colton Weber Well-Known Member

Lifted for what state? I am headed out to cape cod on a charter on the 19th, then onto the Helen H for 32hr cape cod canyon trip Oct 3rd and 4th.

tugasangler and explorer like this.

3. a1flyfishr

As of this week the mask order has been lifted in Mount Pleasant SC. Not for the entire state Each city can enforce their own orders and restrictions if I remember correctly. Good Luck on your trips!

Benny

4. explorer

explorer Member

good luck Colton. I couldn’t cross the border so painfully cancelled the Sep 14 HelenH trip. If you can please take a few pics of the inside cabin and the sleeping bunks for my future reference :pplease
    Thank you

tugasangler likes this.
  5. Colton Weber

Colton Weber Well-Known Member

Apparently there are dividers between the beds now. Why couldn't you cross?

explorer likes this.
  6. explorer

explorer Member

Border closed since declared State of emergency back in March..... cancelled my BlackSeaBass (June), Blackfish(June&Nov), Tuna(Sep). 4 trips total. :(

7. a1flyfishr

Hey San not sure if this helps but Here is a pic of my bottom bunk on my last trip. There are also bunks over the tables Deck level and bunks downstairs. I don’t recommend the downstairs it’s very noisy with no Fresh air. You can Sleep upstairs outside if you bring a foam mattress. Bunks are first come first serve by putting a belonging on it. Just because your #1 doesn’t mean you are guaranteed a bunk. All my trips I was #2 and had to hustle to get a bunk.

AB224D4E-1216-4502-8F19-AEF326AD9B76.jpeg

Benny

explorer likes this.
  8. explorer

explorer Member

More pics showing the inside?

9. a1flyfishr

Thought I had more Pics but I must have deleted them. If I remember there are 6 tables with benches deck level with 12 to 15 bunks. More bunks below deck and Long benches above deck Great for sleeping on a nice cool starry night. Galley with fridge, microwave, and Matt making egg sandwiches and coffee for breakfast. However this may have changed with covid 19.

Benny

explorer likes this.
  10. a1flyfishr

11. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Can i plug in a cpap? Asking for a friend lol.... i dont have one

a1flyfishr likes this.
  12. a1flyfishr

You don’t have a friend? Lol

Benny

13. mythosbeer

mythosbeer Senior Member

I have never fished party boats but I know on private charters I have been on, masks are laughed at.

14. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

I would probably skip on the mask on a private boat but definitely wear one on a party boat, especially Being stuck inside the cabin for long periods of time with a bunch of people you don’t know. Living in a place where mask use has been mandated for a while now I’m used to it, it becomes second nature putting it on after a while.
    On a side note: If you guys have trouble wearing a regular mask try wearing a gas mask every Thursday and running with it. It definitely gives you a different perspective on things.

a1flyfishr and tugasangler like this.