360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Friday arrived and I still had not booked a charter for the weekend, I decided it was time to head to the West coast for some late season Charlotte Harbor tarpon fishing with my good friend Will Cooke. After crummy weather and even crummier fishing on Saturday, *we woke up Sunday morning to clear skies and light SW winds. We headed straight to the Cape Haze area in the Gausebuilt in hopes of finding monster tarpon holding in 10 ft of water. Sure enough, the tarpon were everywhere and we were hooked up to a monster by 8am using live threadfins for bait. After shooting some awesome video and still pics, Will had the big tarpon boatside where we got some more pics before we let her swim away into the murky waters of Charlotte Harbor. It was a great weekend and we even caught a handful of snook, seatrout, and redfish while fishing the lights at night. I expect the tarpon fishing to remain strong in Charlotte Harbor until we have a tropical system or a cold front...Here is the link to the video:

The Daily Fishing Report: 9/13/09 Monster Tarpon in Charlotte Harbor!

Here are some pics:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts