83 Lbs Dominican Yellowfin Tuna

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by clalo20, Sep 1, 2008.

1. clalo20

clalo20 Junior member

This 83 Lbs yellowfin tuna was caught on a Jigging Master 250g with a Blue Heaven L50 reel on PE4. The fight lasted around 40 minutes and it destroyed 3 anglers, after a FULL day of hard jigging!!!

Tonight this tuna will be dinner for 12 at a local restaurant called HUE, hope it tastes as good as it battled!!!

The bigger tuna are starting to appear and I hope to post pics of 200Lbs plus cows!!

Attached Files:

2. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

YOOOOOWWWW!!!! Just an amazing job on that YFT with an Ocean Mark and a 250g JM! Unbelievable!

You are the man Carlos! Eat well tonight hermano. ;)

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

YOOOOOWWWW!!!! Just an amazing job on that YFT with an Ocean Mark and a 250g JM! Unbelievable!

You are the man Carlos! Eat well tonight hermano. ;)

Brian, I caught several AJ upto 52 inches with Jigging Master 250g Terminator, cheap version of Power Spell yesterday. I felt I could land 100 plus AJ with ease with the rod.

Carlos, congratulations for your fine catch.

4. clalo20

clalo20 Junior member

Ksong, this was the 250g Max and I felt it had a lot of power on reserve. This could take on bigger fish, the fight lasted so long because of lack of fishermen, not gear!!!Jaja!

Great Fun though!

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Ksong, this was the 250g Max and I felt it had a lot of power on reserve. This could take on bigger fish, the fight lasted so long because of lack of fishermen, not gear!!!Jaja!

Great Fun though!
    The only reason it took so long is because of lack of drag. :)
    If you can not land 86 lbs tuna within 15 minutes with over 22 lbs /80 lbs line, you got to go to the gym. :)

6. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

great looking fish..nice catch.

7. clalo20

clalo20 Junior member

The drag was much less than 22lbs, it was more like 15lbs. The line was varivas 10x10 PE4 which is rate at 40 lbs. With 22 lbs of drag on 80 lbs line it would have been a much shorter fight.

We did have a lot of fun, and it was great eating too with a group of 10 friends. We had everything from sashimi, tuna tiradito with blueberry risotto, to tuna pizza!! It was delicious.

8. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

damn, that sounds good. You made me so tuna hungry I had to eat some of my Blackfin Tuna I caught this past weekend. Next time Carlos, next time ;) We'll catch up those tuna when I'm back in PuntaCana.