8000-10000 size spinner

Discussion in 'Reels' started by DiesTrying12, Sep 2, 2009.

1. DiesTrying12

DiesTrying12 Guest

I was referred here by a couple guys on bloodydecks.com, im in the market for another reel to add to my collection in the 8000-10000 size, im not particular on brand, money isnt an option either, ive checked out stellas saragosas sustains and the van staal 200 or 250, its going to be primarily from the beach throwing plugs but will definitely spend time on the boat doing everything. Just wondering what you guys would recommend

2. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Although not talked about much here.

Saltiga Blast could be on your short list also.
    It is a surf\beach applacation reel.

Less $ than the Saltiga Z series but still made to be salt water
    resistant.

Kev

3. north coast

north coast Senior Member

If money's not an object. it'd be tough to beat the stella.Your list didn't include accurate or zee baas. both worthy contenders.I don't think you'd be unhappy with any mentioned so far.

4. offshoreman

offshoreman Junior member

5. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

You won't beat a Stella. Although Saltiga is a close second.

6. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

After reading reviews on bothe the stella and slatiga. I would say it sounds that the saltiga is more suited for surf fishing.
    I know the van staal is the gold standard for surf fishing.... Anything of this caliber should do you just fine. Its going to come down to more of personal preference.

7. DiesTrying12

DiesTrying12 Guest

Im not a huge fan of the accurates, and i cant find anything on the zee baas, we had the southern rep coming into the shop and that was months ago and havent heard from him since, im not bashing the accurates, i just dont think they would cut it on the sand IMO.