8-3 CC Bay report

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Albiemanmike, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Well John and I hooked up again for another shot at the BFT monsters up in CC Bay yesterday. We got a very early start as it takes 3 hours to get there trailering the boat. We launched at around 5:30 am. and made our way to the grounds. Only 52 mi. to our destination......UGH!
    We got on station and saw tuna soon after but as would be the order of the day we were not able to entice any of them with our offerings. The fishing was definitely off from the previous couple of days reports I got and I think it was probably due to the front that moved through the night before. We did have a beautiful day weather wise and it was actually a little too warm. John did catch a PB/First Codfish ( found out it was really a haddock) and we had a furry visitor along our travels as well. The seal was literally at my gunnel and did not seem to be the least bit frightened by us. Just the opposite he seemed a bit ticked off that we had come over and disturbed his suntanning. Have seen them many times before but never had one that close to the boat before. Thanks again John had a great time with you and we will get a tuna before the season is over. We managed to put 154 mi. on the boat this trip a new record for the HardCore!............:eek: Ran into Capt. Dom during our travels and he was doing much the same as us although he did contact me later in the afternoon (I never got the message.....:mad: ) saying he had lots of fish around him hope he hooked up as he was kind of frustrated after the previous days success.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Member

Way to keep after it Mike and John! 154 miles sure covers some water, that is the real hunting aspect of the game. It doesn't help there was a full moon now too. How was the traffic out there? The cell service out there can be a real pain with the missed messages.

I think that seal was looking for the haddock special from you guys. So much for sharing:rolleyes: !

I had planned on a trip this week until an oil leak started last Sunday. Now its in the shop and hope its not the dreaded Break Out Another Thousand!! A new fish bag hangs in the balance... Eric

3. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

We actually tried to give the haddock to the seal but it slipped into the deep without being swallowed. I had perfect cell coverage most of the day even out 20 mi. from the Cape.